Chapter Three.

[Anayaa]
The following days went by, and it was Disha's wedding tonight. Both my parents decided to show up. Since Papa came home a bit late, thus I and Maa were all ready.

She came to my room and sat with me. I scrolled through my Facebook feed and asked her, "Why did Papa agree to go with us? He usually doesn't. You do know it.". "I don't know. Maybe he felt like he should go. After all, Disha and you know each other for so long.", She explained and I shook my head. Later Papa came and we went to the parking area. Driver drove our car as we were sitting. No sooner had we reached, Disha gestured me to come up on stage where she was sitting, to take pictures.

We clicked pictures. The two of us. With her and Aarav sitting and me behind them. And lastly, with our groups. Three from school and college. And the rest were common friends.

Midst this all, I noticed my parents having a serious chat with the same Uncle, I met on Disha's Haldi night. Rajendra Uncle, I guess. Maa looked up at me, couple of times, with nervousness. Same did Uncle but he had his mouth curved in a smile, each time he looked up at me. So had Papa.

I was more than scared. Scared of what the trio was upto. There definitely was something fishy. Because it had to!

Within a blink of an eye, Maa gestured me to come over there, which I denied by shaking my head in a 'No'. Maa rolled her eyes, which was more than enough for me to cry and get scared. I took little steps and went over her.

"Anayaa bete, what do you do?", Rajendra Uncle asked. As if he didn't know. "I'm a Doctor, at the City Hospital.", I replied. "What are your plans for marriage?", He asked. I looked at both my parents, who're already looking at me.

"I- um... That's something Maa and Papa will decide. They wanted me to be a Doctor. And I did. If they show me a guy, he will surely be good for me. They definitely won't choose someone who is not good. They know the best. So... it's up to them.", I tried my best to behave normal. Papa smiled, widely. Never had I ever saw him smiling so many times. I didn't know what's up my way, but I could do anything that time for his smile.

"Would you, as an independent girl, want to work after marriage?", He shot another question. "Was He taking an interview of mine, for marriage? I guess", I thought. "Why not?", I said. Uncle whispered something in Papa's ears. They both smiled and hugged each other. And then entered A Guy. Who stood right next to Uncle. Whom I thought, was His Son.

•Who’s the SON? 😏👀🙈🤫