Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Mehendi Ceremony.

[Anayaa]
8th of March.

I sat on the sofa, on the rooftop. Everyone was busy singing, enjoying, dancing among themselves. The atmosphere of the place became chaotic. Two henna artists sat beside me with two cones, filled with Henna. Both passed me smile and same did I. They took both of my hands and started drawing circles, flowers, squares and what not!

After two nonstop hours of them applying Henna on my hand, I became tired. On the top of it, I was too hungry. No one was seemed to be around me. Neither a single member from Darshan's family nor of mine. Even my eyes became tired of searching. Then I realised, Anahita came to me to show her Henna.

"How is it?", She asked. "Pretty. Just like you.", I said. "Will Darshan like it?", She asked. Excuse me? "I'm the bride, not you! He will see mine, not yours.", I said, rolling my eyes on her. "Arrey, arrey, Bhabi, look who is talking, and what she is talking about.", Disha teased. I bit my tongue then my lower-lip.

"Where the hell are you when I need you?", I asked. She showed me her hands and I huffed. "Now don't ask if Darshan will like it or not.", I joked. "Oh, He will!", said Bhabi. "You two never lose a chance to tease me, don't you?", I said. "Of course not, little one.", Disha said. Little one, wait haven't I heard it before?

"Do you have the slightest amount of idea where is your phone?", Disha said. I quickly remembered everything and she showed me my phone. "Nice nicknames, though.", She smirked. "Why me?", I dramatically said, looking up. "Don't move!", sternly said the artist. "Sorry.", I mumbled beneath my breath.

"Which boyfriend calls his girlfriend midget, nugget, Dixit, little one? I mean like, I have heard of the strangest such as, baby, babu, shona, sweety, cutiepie what not. But nugget, like seriously?", Disha joked. "Please, that's bad manners to sneak onto someone's phone and then read their messages.",I said, blushing. "Is he always hungry or something else..., Huh?", Disha said. I swear, I had turned even redder than dark red.

"Fuck off, Disha!", I yelled. "Okay, fine. Are you hungry for food, right now? Not for that, wait for your husband.", Disha said. I am done! I called Nishi, a cousin of mine, and asked her to throw a pillow on Disha. Being the innocent one, She did and Disha groaned.

"Get me something to eat, right now!", I said. She quickly grabbed a box and opened it, as the Henna on her hand had dried. She took out a Laddoo and held it out. "You'll have to feed me, dumb-ass!", I said. She took out my phone and held out the Laddoo close to my mouth. I was this hungry that without thinking twice, I quickly took the entire Laddoo in my mouth and chewed it. Disha recorded it. "You're such a hungry midget.",She said. "Says your husband, not me!", She said, showing me the message that Darshan sent right now.

"You bitch, filth! How did you got to know about my password?", I asked. "What is your name?", She asked. "Anayaa, why?", I said. "What is your to-be husband's name?", She asked, again. "Darshan Raval.", I said. "But none of them are my password.",I said. "What will be your name after your marriage?", She asked, again. "Anayaa Darshan Raval.", I kind of blushed, while saying it. "You missed out something.", She said. "Anayaa Darshan Raval Dixit.", I replied. "Yes! Now what would be the numbers of the first letters of your name?", She asked.

"1, 3, 20, 3. But that's not my password.", I said. "What would be the numbers of the first letters of your name on the dial-pad?", She asked,probably for the last time. "2373", I said. "What is your phone password?", She asked. "2373. But how did you know?", I asked, back. "Calculation.", She replied. "How many days did it took?", I asked. "Let me see, 4 minutes.", she said. Woah! And that took me ages to find out a password, like that.

Once the artists were done with applying Henna on my hand, I told Disha to click a few pictures of mine. She did. And sent it to Darshan. "Why do you do this?",I groaned. "Because I love you.", She chuckled. My phone beeped and it was a message from Darshan. 'She's so cute!', The message read. "Cute, Huh?", Disha asked. "Stop it, yaar!", I said. With this, I went downstairs in my room, with Anahita. It was midnight, then. Some 00: 32. And the date was 8th of March. 'Just three days more!', I quickly typed on my keyboard and sent it to Him.

"Hmm.", His message read. The night passed away, within a blink of an eye.

From the 8th of March to the tenth of March, I went to spa, three times. Got my manicure-pedicure done. Left no treatment undone, in the parlour. As my eldest Aunt said so. The 11th of March was my kind 'Farewell'.

Everyone seemed to be crying and all. The atmosphere became too much sentimental and depressing. Disha dragged me to a room where all of my friends were. Tanya, Antara, Swati, Prarthna, Arpita, Netra, Jiya, Mona, Barkha and so many faces, I hadn't seen in so many years.

"I can never thank you for this, Disha!", I said, hugging her. The silent room was no more silent, my friends were all laughing at me and Disha, as we are still too close to each other. Out of nowhere, Yaara Teri Yaari, played. I looked at Disha who only smiled and I blushed. "Cute kid.", She mumbled. That girl!