LGBT can be LGBTQIA+phobic

Hey y'all, after re-reading this, I feel like I very sloppily pointed a lot of fingers and it's just a very angry blame-filled rant. I'm going to keep it here because there are a lot of important problems about what exclusionists do that this highlights. Also, I feel like this captures an aspect of what it feels like to be new to the community and relieved to find a place that makes sense and that I thought I could trust to accept me, and then seeing all this hate and anger directed towards me and other minorities within the LGBTQ+ community. I want to remind everyone that exclusionists and gatekeepers are a very small percentage of the LGBTQ+ community, and it only seems like there are a lot because they are outspoken. I also want to apologize if I seems like I was dragging all gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and trans people for the actions of a few of them, because most are not exclusionists.

I saw this post today about how some allies don't really recognize the less represented parts of the LGBTQIA+ community, and a lot of them were REALLY rude and EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. That was rude was from someone who was gay, lesbian, bi, or trans AKA the ones who have always had a secure place in the LGBTQIA+ community

They said pansexuals didn't exist and they were actually special snowflakes who were bi, that there were only two genders and people who didn't fit one of them just wanted attention, that ace people were basically just straight so they didn't belong in the LGBTQ+ community, and that "micro-labels" were causing people to disrespect the LGBT community. By micro labels, they meant people who weren't lesbian, gay, bi, or trans. They also said androsexuality and gynosexuality weren't valid ("just say gay or straight") and intersex isn't part of the community because it's a "birth defect."

They also said that everything besides LGBTQ and pan were 'fetishes' because my fetish is not wanting sex with anyone. That really just turns me on, you know? Looking at people and not having any desire to fuck them. Like ughghghgh SO HOT.

SO FIRST OF ALL pansexuals are absolutely valid, there are obviously non-binary people, and that has been proved BY SCIENCE, the LGBTQIA+ community is for people who do are either not cisgender or do not feel a sexual attraction solely to 'the' other gender. GUESS WHO FUCKING DOESN'T FEEL SEXUAL ATTRACTION TO ANOTHER GENDER!! BUT I MUST BE STRAIGHT BECAUSE I ALSO DON'T WANT TO FUCK ANYONE ELSE?? That makes sense.

I sort of get why they're saying people who aren't just LGBT are illegitimate because they've never had to defend their place in the community, so they don't really understand what it feels like to not really fit in to any community (it's like being that friend in the group that everyone else doesn't care if they're there or not).

Also, what is this bullshit that androsexuality and gynosexuality aren't valid? They're for genderqueer people who are attracted to masculinity or femininity. Just because you're a majority in the community doesn't mean other people need representation. Same for intersex. They absolutely belong here too.

I'd like to also say there were polite LGBT people who acknowledged that not everyone was either cis, straight, or LGBT because those people are amazing and shouldn't be drowned out be the assholes

The problem is that the fact that people can be homosexual or bisexual is common knowledge. Yes, there's homophobia, but they don't have to go through the struggle of feeling invalidated because they don't know their sexuality EXISTS. It's different for everyone, but personally, finding a label that I could identify with was insanely relieving. Before then, I would space out for large chunks of class just trying to figure out what I was. 

Erasing these labels isn't going to erase the people that identify with them, and their existence isn't for you. You aren't obligated to memorize all the small groups in the LGBTQIA+ community, but that doesn't mean you should make things harder for the people who identify with these subdivisions. 

Also, they kept saying stuff like "half of these don't exist or aren't valid" and "this is why no one takes the community seriously anymore" and "the full acronym is LGBT."

THAT FUCKING ISN'T THE FULL ACRONYM

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR "PRESTIGIOUS", EXCLUSIVE COMMUNITY THAT'S "TAKEN SERIOUSLY" GO OFF AND MAKE A GROUP CHAT WHERE YOU CAN RANT ABOUT HOW MUCH MORE LEGITIMATE YOUR GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUALITY IS, BUT DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE CONTINUE TO DISGRACE THE LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY WITH YOUR INTOLERANT AND CONCEITED BULLSHIT.