A plethora of dumbasses

Soooo some jackass posted on a fake news site that Sonic the hedgehog was going to be trans in the next movie. And of course people believed it. So, I'm writing a ✨letter✨ that won't be sent or anything. I'm just writing in letter form.

Dearest absolute dipshits,

 Do you really think a company would have an LGBTQ+ main character unless it was specifically meant as an LGBTQ+ movie and only that? There's no way they'd make an already existing character LGBTQ+ because of the blatant homophobia and transphobia in our society. Don't worry, you're precious blue hedgehog can still jack off thinking about girls.

Secondly, don't pretend this is a matter that EvErYtHiNgS LGBTQ+ nOw because it's not. Name something that we've "taken over." That lesbian couple in the background of Finding Dory? The fact that the movie Love Simon exists? A very minor character in The Office is gay? OH NO, THE POOR REPRESSED STRAIGHTS!!! THEY HAVE NO CONTENT FOR THEMSELVES!!!! *Conveniently forgets about The Bachelor, most of Jane The Virgin, To All The Boys I've Loved Before, The Kissing Booth, 5 Feet Apart, Titanic, Avatar, The Breakfast Club, Beauty and The Beast,Cinderella, Repunzel, Snow White, literally every princess movie ever, Suicide Squad, Deadpool (For the last two, they also presented LGBTQ+ characters as straight), The Hunger Games, etc. I could go on for ages because you have a TON of sappy-ass straight content. 1 in 5 people are LGBTQ+. According to The Office of American Health, 5.6% of Americans are asian American, but NOBODY cares how many asian people are in a movie (nothing against them, I'm just using an example).

Also the "news source" that spread that this has also said that for the entire movie, Sonic will be high on ecstasy. Which posts is being spread more though? You guessed it! The one people are using to justify their homophobia and transphobia. Now you didn't even stop to think that none of us give a shit what a fucking cartoon identifies as. If it wouldn't cause y'all to sob in your parents' basements for the next century, I would be fine if they made Sonic star gender. 

Y'all've also called being LGBTQ+ a disability, denied the existence of transgender people, and made generalized statements about the LGBTQ+ community that are incredibly rude and degrading. However, if I was to say maybe "lmao straight romances suck," I would be hEtErOpHoBiC. Double standard much?

In other words, you guys have twisted everything so that you are able to insult us without consequence, and then when we are no longer able to contain our frustration, you use that as well as an excuse to ilegitimize and belittle members of the LGBTQ+ community, and yet you continue to pretend that the LGBTQ+ community has no problems while you refuse to acknowledge the validity of half of us and deny nearly all representation.

Also, most straight romances are complete shit.

Have fun with that entitlement!!

-Me