10.

Georgia's POV

Pat got home a few days ago from his away game and I hadn't changed my decision to not tell him about what I saw.

I didn't think it was any of my business. If it went any further I might consider telling him something but for now I wanted to keep my mouth shut.

I do think he deserved to know though. He's always been my best friend and I would do anything to protect him. I would also do anything to help him.

The pain that I have had to endure from seeing them together is indescribable. But it wouldn't be fair for me to go and ruin his 5 year relationship, because suddenly I had realised my feelings for him.

That would be selfish of me.

I was going to sit back and let him be happy this time. Because of everything he had done for me.

It was a big decision in my eyes. Whether to tell your best friend that their partner could potentially be unfaithful or not. Something I never wanted to do.

But I always knew it would with Lily. She's always been like that.

I didn't want him to feel like I was lying to him if he did find out. But for all I knew, she was doing nothing wrong.

I see the worst in Lily. Like many others I know. But I know Pat doesn't. He sees all her good qualities that don't happen to come out when I'm around.

He loves her for all that she is. And if he trusts that she is a faithful partner, I had to respect his decision.

That's why I was going shopping with him for Lily's anniversary present. To show my unconditional support for him.

He wanted my opinion and he really cares about her so I couldn't say no.

After I go shopping with Pat, we were going to a party at Jack Silvagni and Charlie Curnow's house.

They are two of Pat's team mates that I met a while back. They were having a party with most of their team mates and they invited Grace, Tash and I to come too.

I knew all parties I went to ended in drama. And this one was no exception. With Lily and I in the same room, I knew it wasn't going to end happily. For someone at least.

I got dressed for the shopping part of my day. Then I had to wait a bit until Pat arrived to pick me up.

I was scrolling through my phone, standing patiently in the drive way. I heard a honk from a car that had pulled up in front of me.

I looked up to see Pat looking at me from the drivers seat. I quickly put my phone away and hopped in the car. Pat drove away from the house quickly and we were off to the shops.

"How are you?" I said as I put my seatbelt on.

"I'm good thanks, you?" He asked.

You could sense the slight angst of awkwardness between us. It was hard to ignore. When you go from being so close to feeling uncomfortable around someone.

I hated the way I was feeling about us, but it wasn't up to me.

"I'm good, it's good to catch up" I said honestly.

I wanted to catch up, to remove the awkwardness between us.

"Yeah but this isn't exactly what I want to do when we hangout" he told me.

Pat was never a big fan of shopping so this for him was really pushing his limits. It also could be because he knew what he was putting me through.