36.

Georgia's POV

I was feeling better today. I had been around good people for the past few days and that was really lifting my spirit up.

There were still obstacles to get through and hoops to jump through but I had no doubt with the people I was around that it was possible.

Just the way they had all wrapped their arms around me for the past few days was amazing. They had all dropped everything just to be with me and help me through this part of my life and I was forever grateful.

I hadn't been to a hospital or doctor and I didn't feel like I needed to. Besides the bruises spread across my skin, there were no injuries that concerned me. And Pat wasn't worried either.

He was more worried about me mentally. And in that aspect, I still wasn't doing great but I was definitely doing better than I was the day after it happened.

It was just the constant reminders everywhere I looked. The bruises were the worst. Because there was nothing I could do about them. Every time I looked at myself in the mirror, I was reminded of the night.

This lead to uncontrollable panic attacks and nightmares at 1 o'clock in the morning. Waking up Pat and the others who frantically ran around the house to calm me down and get me to go back to sleep.

It wasn't a nice feeling knowing I was burdening them with my sorrows. But what could I do when half of it was uncontrollable. I didn't know I was going to react the way I did and I didn't know how to fix it.

I didn't want them to be holding back and dropping everything to help me but they were my closest friends and I knew no matter how hard I tried, they wouldn't leave until I was okay.

With the events of today though, I was hoping they would lay off at least a little bit.

Today Josh was flying in from Sydney to come and see me. He had been trying to get over for a few days but he had to get permission from the club.

Then it was made this whole big deal when 'Josh Kelly was announced out of this weekends game for person reasons'.

I never wanted it to get out like that. But the media always found a way and now it had been brought to most peoples attention.

And it wasn't just Josh. When not 1 but 3 big name players are taking time off it gets alarming for anyone who is aware.

That's why I felt like I had to say something to them. It was getting out of hand. I never wanted it to be such a big deal.

All I wanted was to be around them. But the careers they had never made anything easy. I always was given the hard way to do things and that was obvious.

The police had been notified days ago about the incident. It wasn't my first choice but I had a few days to think about it. And with Pat's help, I ultimately knew it was the right decision.

I could see how much my Mum was struggling watching me the way I was. So I told them I was okay with it and the next day my parents went with Pat to the police station.

Not much had happened on their end yet though. They told them they would look into it but that was the last we heard of it. They had said a few words to me but nothing extreme.

No questioning or anything yet. I still hadn't determined if that was a good or a bad thing.

Now I was just looking forward to having my big brother here. I missed the support and comfort he gave me when I was feeling down.

I knew he would instantly make me feel better just with his presence and hopefully give me a reason to smile.

I was sitting on my bed when Pat walked in with a shy smile on his face.