Extra Chapter: Meeting the In-Laws Part 3

Samira:

When we got to the Main Island Cor Una, where a massive gathering was organized; the Twin's father decided that Shiarah would take my husbands and kids to see the entertainment and huge food stalls while they suggested taking me for a walk around the port side stalls littered with accessories and woven material made locally by the women of the town.

Normally, my husbands would always object whenever they are parted from me but Hunt and Blade made a promise to guard me with their life. That and...

Their paternal authority may have also come into play so after Strike and Warring gave me a fierce 5-minute hug; they parted with me while Shiarah kissed her husband's cheeks before we all went our separate ways.

"So how are you faring these days Milady daughter, I understand it has scarcely been a few months since you gave birth to our granddaughters?" Hunts Swift walked with me, accompanied by First Blade.

"I am doing fine, Sir." I nodded politely, years of being tutored in fine manners took hold of me.

I can't help it. It takes some time for me to drop my guard around older people.

How I conduct myself in front of others, affects my family after all.

Growing up, I had the Williams' family name and so whenever my parents included me into their lives once in a blue moon; I would go to a small number of social events and parties but after the usual introductions; I was expected by my parents to stay in the shadows while my little sister gets the attention of the crowd.

Since my father is a well known cosmetic surgeon whose clientele included famous stars, models, and politicians; entree to the dazzling world of the elites was guaranteed due to his profession and his other more corporate connections.

But for all the glamor and excitement of those outings did nothing to thaw my parent's coldness towards me as a kid. And yet, like a robot, I have always behaved well, diligently learned etiquette and manners befitting a William but at the end of our family outing; I always end up in my room.

All alone. Lonely. Craving for at least a crumb of parental love.

I shook off the bad memories connected to my past. This is the present; I should just concentrate on that.

Then I felt a gentle hand on my head, ruffling it slightly. Startled, I blinked and stared at the frowning face of First Blade. The worry in his dark eyes contrasted with his scowl.

"You don't have to be so stiff around us. Just like how our sons care for you so do we, We would like it if you just behave like a daughter to us." his deep voice was gruff but there was a lump of embarrassment and care.

My eyes went wide and I felt a hitch in my throat. Such simple words and yet the shot to the heart was very effective. 

"And it is not "Sir", Call us Da."Hunt patted my back warmly, backing his twin's words. " Do you know that Kindred has always...always treasured our females. Due to the fact that our race is made up of mostly males; to gain a mate is a reward from the Goddess but to also gain a daughter has always been a hidden desire of ours."

"I know....I know how your race treats females. In the past 5 years I have been married to Strike and Warring; they have always cherished and love me." I smiled at them, my voice shaking. " I would be honored to call you my fathers."

"Still too formal....Call us Da." Insisted Blade and I laughed. "Don't laugh daughter. We studied your language to better communicate so we know what "Sir" means and we don't like the politeness of it."

"Alright...Da." A bubbly giggle rose from my throat before I can stop it; My husband's fathers have shown me a side that I have been craving from my own father.