Brianna Extra-Chapter 10: Wedding Vows

Lean's POV:

The news of our lady's pregnancy was undeniably unexpected.

It made us all the more hopeful to hold our future sons but it also made us love our sweet Brie even more.

She had bloomed since we first met her. From a shy and insecure girl; she grew into a more beautiful woman as our wife.

As we prepared for bed, my gaze went to our wedding photo hanging by the wall next to our bedside table.

"Lean?" her small hand touched my arm and I turned and placed my hand on her back.

She had changed into her favorite nightwear which was called an empire cut nightgown. The frame of the gown hugged her full breast and the rest flowed loosely against her knees but I could see the curves of her hips. A thicker wool jacket covered her arms because she easily gets cold.

My brother held our lady's other hand and followed my gaze.

"Has it really been more than a few years since we married?" Go smiled as he looked at the picture. " We barely changed at all and now, the Goddess has blessed us yet again."

"This picture...it brings back the very day I said " I do." to you both. Remember that unforgettable day?" Our wife's radiant face smiled as we looked at each other.

"How could we not?" I recalled the day of our Joining Ceremony or "Wedding" with our wife...

And how we almost did not show up at all.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Flashback)

After fulfilling our mission, we were on our way back to the Milky Way for our Joining Ceremony with Brianna.

I was impatient. Our link with her was strong in spirit despite the huge distance.

At times we can feel her emotions and sometimes my brother and I could feel how lonely she was without us.

Which was why we were in a hurry to go back and finally go back home.

"Brother, we may have a problem." Lean came to me as we folded space and arrived at the Velurian system which houses a few planets with sentient life and there was also G-18 market, an asteroid orbiting one of the small moons near Phrodite, a small turquoise-colored world surrounded by silver rings.

"And what is that?"

Lean showed me the checklist that we ticked off for the ceremony. According to Earth tradition; the grooms and bride should be exchanging wedding rings.

Oh no...

We took care of everything...except for choosing the rings!

"The wedding is scheduled to take place the day after we arrive. There is no time to even buy one on Earth." Lean told me. "And I remember telling our lady that we have taken care of everything."

Shit.

My eyes then went the map of the current system we were in and zeroed in on the G-18 market.

There is only one option then.

Time to go shopping.