~Chapter Six~

Surprisingly, Parker had dealt with shit like this before. He used to have friends in an odd crowd, and some of them happened to be similar to Will. Therefore he'd been in a similar situation. He knew that Will's parents weren't really around, and the closest thing he had to parents were Dylan and Jack, so therefore, the best thing Parker could do was tell Jack. Especially now considering Jack was his best friend.

But something told him he had to speak to Will first. Something was stopping him from doing so, and there had to be an explanation for it, but he'd have to do that later. Currently, Jack was telling Parker about work, which was apparently going well.

"You know, I've met some cool people. I don't really know most of their real names but there's this chick called Angel who's really fucking hot, and I get paid to have sex with her. What's better than that?" Jack asked. It was a rhetorical question, so Parker knew he didn't have to answer. Though he had quite a few things in mind to answer his question.

"When are you next at work? I was kinda hoping you'd be able to drop me off at the train station on Thursday," Parker hated to ask for favours, but he had no choice if he wanted to get there on time. He didn't have a car- he couldn't afford one- so he tried his best to get around with the use of Jack and the bus. Usually he didn't mind, actually often offered to take him all sorts of places but Parker felt like a burden. Asking for favours all of the time made him feel guilty like he owed his friend favours. The only thing is, he couldn't afford to owe favours. Luckily, Jack knew that.

"Nah I'm not at work then, I'll give you a lift," Jack shrugged, switching on the TV so the pair could watch a show on Netflix. Sometimes Parker felt terrible because it seemed like he was using Jack for his money. He really wasn't, they were best friends, and it just so happened to be that one of them was wealthy and the other really wasn't.

The two met at a party and hit it off. It was a few years ago, but they had hung out nearly every day since. Jack hadn't been this close to anyone in all his life. He'd had friends, but they were just people he knocked around with on the street or played football with. It wasn't the same with Parker, because they seemed to get each other.

Jack knew some things about Parker that most people didn't. Not everything, but enough. He'd also learned that his best friend was a very private person, which he was fine with but sometimes he worried. Now, he knew that he didn't seem like much of a worrier but he was, and he hated to admit it. He was careless about himself, but when it came to others, he was pretty caring. Of course, there were times where he wasn't caring at all, actually quite rude and thoughtless, like when he slept with girls and never called them back. Sometimes he never even got their name.

"Where are you going anyway? You never get the train?" Jack raised an eyebrow. The older boy bit his lip, trying to think of a lie to tell his friend. There were things he liked to keep secret, and this was one of them.

"Um, it's a work thing," Parker replied. "I have to meet with a few people."

"Right," Jack muttered. "A work thing." He wasn't entirely sure where Parker worked or who he worked for. He didn't know about Parker's band or his other life that didn't involve Jack. Though Jack was Parker's best friend, the older boy liked that part of his life to be separate. It was weird he felt comfortable enough to tell his little brother, though.

"Yeah," Parker pursed his lips. After that neither said much, just sat and watched whatever was on TV. This happened quite a lot, mainly because Parker wasn't a talker and Jack was a lazy arse who didn't want to start a conversation for the sake of it. So instead they stared at the flat screen before eventually, Jack fell asleep. Parker knew he couldn't stay there, so he reluctantly got up and didn't bother saying bye, just deciding it was best to leave. By this time it was midnight, and most of the lights in the house were off. Only three people were living in the house, so the likelihood of him running into someone as he was leaving was extremely unlikely.