~Chapter Fifty Nine~

A/N: Hi everyone, I updated yesterday as well in case you missed that. Also this took me hours to write and I listened to Ribs by Lorde on repeat. I'm a wreck. Enjoy.

Ringing. All he heard was incessant ringing as his head rose from the ground. It felt like someone was living in his brain and pounding on his skull from the inside. Looking around in confusion, Will finally realised that he was on his living room floor, and the loud whaling was his phone next to him. Emitting a deep groan, he squinted at the bright lights before stumbling to his feet, holding onto the couch for support. 

Shakily, he pressed the answer button on the blaring screen, holding it to his ear. His mind was fuzzy, and he couldn't believe he let himself fall asleep on the ground. All he remembered was ringing Parker. Shit. He rang Parker. 

"What do you want, Max?" Will snapped into the device, rubbing his temple with his fingertips as he slumped onto the couch, looking at the time on his watch. It was five in the evening, so he must have slept through most of the day. 

"Wow, what a way to treat the person who gave you the best head you've ever had," Max joked, causing Will to roll his eyes despite not being able to be seen. Cocky as always. 

"I've had better," Will muttered grumpily, walking to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to help cure his headache. 

"Right, from Parker," Max replied knowingly. The comment had Will taking a shallow breath, his heart momentarily skipping at just the mention of his name. 'Goodbye, Parker'. He told Parker to move on, and now Will felt empty. He had no hope for them, and their happy memories together were tainted by their own lies and secrets they kept from each other. 

He sipped the cool liquid, feeling it slide down his throat and sooth his croaky voice. The sound of his swallows could be heard down the line, and he smirked as he heard Max awkwardly cough. 

"Is there a reason you called, Max?" Will asked lowly, the movie star's name falling gracefully off his tongue. They knew the effect they had on each other, they always had. The only difference was time. Now Will was older and willing to act on any urges he had. 

"Do you want to get dinner with me tonight?" Max mumbled quietly, sounding shy all of a sudden. The billionaire's heart dropped, and immediately his mind went to his ex-boyfriend. Parker wouldn't want this. 

"L-Like a date?" Will questioned, just as nervous sounding, any previous confidence jumping off the balcony and onto the road, just to be flattened by the busy traffic of the city streets. 

"No, not a date... Just a catch up, when we're both... sober," Max answered, causing some of Will's nerves to subside. It didn't sound so bad. Perhaps talking to a friend would be good for him. Max was the only person he really had, and though their dynamic had always been off and confusing, they understood each other. Or at least they used to. 

Max used to know everything about Will. What made him tick. What got him all riled up. What had him squirming, laughing, smiling, crying. Without speaking to him he could tell how Will was feeling, just from a blank facial expression. Whenever they touched, he would watch with eager eyes as Goosebumps rose on Will's pale, delicate skin. 

But now he wondered whether he would be able to do the same. It seemed as though Parker had a real effect on him. He didn't want to date Will. He didn't want to date anyone. 

"Sure," Will hesitantly answered. "You can pick me up." 

A chuckle escaped Max's lips. "I'll see you at eight." 

Dinner was so formal in Will's opinion. Parker didn't do dinner. He didn't do formal. Parker did takeout and movies and rooftops. He did breakfast in bed and guitar playing in the studio. He did forehead kisses and intimacy and sitting side by side, never opposite. He did hugs from behind, nape of the neck kisses and cheek caresses.