~Chapter Twenty Seven~

Will remembered the last time he was in hospital, and how again it was because of Dylan. His brother couldn't keep doing this, whatever this was. However, this time felt different. There was something about the gormless look on Dylan's face that set an uneasy feeling in Will's stomach. 

Outside of Dylan's hospital room, Jack was on the phone to their parents and he could sense the frustration in his tone of voice. Nobody knew what had happened, but Dylan had various unexplained injuries. A cast covered one of his arms that was broken and he had stitches in his forehead which had been cut open from shards of glass. 

Will still needed to get his foot checked out as it was really painful, and he knew he would need to make sure there wasn't any broken glass left in the cut. 

"Okay William, would you like to come with me? Can you walk on it?" A doctor asked him, and he shook his head, feeling the doctor support him on the way to a different examination room. Thankfully he didn't have to wait long to be treated because they received private care, and therefore were treated immediately. 

When they entered a different room, Will was told to sit on the bed and the doctor looked at his foot. 

"Can I ask how you cut it?" The doctor questioned. 

"I stepped on glass," Will answered. 

Nothing was said after that. He just made sure there were no small fragments of glass on his foot and wrapped the wound in gauze. The cut was deep and he was told not to walk on it for a few days, so he was given a pair of crutches. He just knew then that Parker would most likely be stealing those, using them as something to entertain himself with. 

He would have to tell his boyfriend what happened at some point, but he just didn't know what to say. Was he allowed to tell his boyfriend private family matters like this? He couldn't lie to him, but he was scared that Parker would judge their family for being so messed up. 

He made his way back to Dylan's room and saw that his brother was still sleeping, with Jack still sat in one of the chairs near his bed. 

"Jesus Will," Jack let out when he saw his youngest brother on crutches. 

"The crutches are only for a few days, but the cut was deep and it needs time to heal," He explained, struggling to sit down while fumbling with the long metal poles. Jack didn't know what to say. Dylan getting himself into this state, as sad as it was to say, was a normal occurrence. But when Will was starting to get hurt that was a problem. He knew their parents weren't going to be happy when they saw that Will was also hurt because of their brother's stupid actions. 

"Mother and Father are coming home tomorrow," Jack told Will, thinking back to the conversation over the phone. Obviously they were upset that this was disrupting their work, but he didn't care. They needed to be home to take care of their children, because this was getting out of hand. Jack was twenty so he was fine, but Will and Dylan were still teenagers and hadn't been properly looked after since Dylan was fifteen. 

"Do you think they'll stay?" Will asked, looking down at his wounded foot. 

Shrugging, Jack just let out a sigh and looked at Dylan who was fast asleep, "They've got to. This time is different and I think they're the only people who can do something about this."

"Is he really an alcoholic?" Will asked shakily, his voice coming out weak and croaky. 

"No," Jack answered immediately. "Of course not he's just... He's just struggling because of the break up."

"But this was happening while he was with Jasmine-" Will's sentence was cut short when Jack interrupted him, his face hard and his eyebrows furrowed in frustration.