2|Commencement

'Honest relationships are just like water, No colour, No shape, No space, but very important for life'
-Unknown
_________________________________

Salim's POV

I rested my head after fastening my seat belt, The flight is taking off, at last I'm going to Nigeria for the first time after ten years.

  My Dad got a transfer to England so we had to follow him, I just finished high school then, I was going to Apply for Oxford University when the incident occurred and my Mom was beyond happy, at least she'll follow me.

  My Mom loves me Soo much and I also Love her, she's the best Mom ever, When I was a teenager I use to think she's been overprotective and I'll always complain that I'm not a girl for God sake, but my Mom won't stop.

   Neither I nor Dad were able to convince Ummi of the Importance of the Workshop I'm going to Nigeria for, we told her is just a Two month program but Mom is behaving as if I'm going over there for a Decade.

   She didn't even escort me to the airport like she normally does, she doesn't like Nigeria anymore and I think that's not good since Nigeria is our origin, but she never allow me to visit, she rather goes with Dad and leave me here.

My Mom is a very implausible person, She even complained that there is too much witch craft in Nigeria but Dad will always oppose that motion.
I don't believe either cause I can still remember those Days in Nigeria, it's a very peaceful Place, it is just recently that bad things are happening.

    From Terrorism to Kidnapping, to Corruption, to Economic instability, Poor Education, Bad Health Facilities, even though I don't visit Nigeria, I know almost everything that's happening over there, if I start listening the things that need correction, I'll be the last to go out of the Plain when it lands.

   Many things are just imperfect, well, we should just keep on praying for ourselves, The government, and the Nation in general.

"Do you need anything, Sir?" The airplane attendant asked me bringing me back from my Thought, "yeah, a newspaper and some coffee" I answered fastidiously. I love news, even if I don't, as a businessman I have to keep cool.

There was a day I and Hanif were having a video call and he asked if I have any plan of taking in a wife, I told him No! Not yet.

   He said I'm afraid of girls and that's why I still haven't found a wife, why the hell should I be afraid of them, are they some kind of monsters?
After much arguing he told me to Introduce my self as if I'm in front of a beautiful girl, this Guy is too much.

'I'll just start by saying- My Name is Salim Bukar, am a Nigerian, I started working at the age of 25 and I'm now 30 years old. I'm a business man, I love my Parents....'
'Hey, stop there, just stop there!' Hanif cut in almost chocking because of laughter, what??

'Salim, has anyone ever told you how unromantic you are, she'll just walk out on you if you talk to her like that, you sound so Formal as if you're in a job interview, guy you need to wakeup, seriously? Ha-Ha-Ha'

That's how he kept on Blabbering and laughing at me but I just ignored him, I'm used to that already.

After sipping all my coffee I rested the chair and closed my eyes, I don't usually sleep well when I travel cause my Mom is not close to me.