17|The Birthday party

Surayya's POV

I rolled sideways on my bed contemplating whether I should honour his visit or not. Ya Salim has been asking me to come visit him in his Uncle's mansion but I refused to by giving silly excuses like 'I don't know the place' or 'I'm not good at using Google map' and the rest.

His Mom insisted he stays at home for a week and I'm totally in support of that, I'm not a Mother but I'm a Woman.

One, I'm not ready to meet him again, not after what happened between us in the hospital. Two, I don't know how his Mom will react when she sees me. She doesn't like My parents, so why will she like me then.

She says Dad is a bad influence on Her Husband, while Ya Hanif is not a true friend to her son, that doesn't sound normal, but to her, she's absolutely right.

'alhamdulillah......alhamdulillah..ahlan wa sahlan ya rasulullah."

My phone started ringing and when I checked the caller ID I saw Ahmad's name on it, I'm so gonna kill this boy when I set my eyes on you. "Ahmad!" I yelled and he started laughing.

"Sorry big sis, you didn't tell me you don't want to meet with your Boyfriend, I would have simply told him I don't know the place" he said with a chuckle.

"Ahmad stop......Cause when I catch you it would have been too late" I warned.

He laughed again and said "He said the Party starts by 10am and this is 9am so please get ready...bye Big sis"
I cut the call and headed to the bathroom.

I had a warm bath and after that dressed up into a Blue Skirt and Blouse Ankara that had Pink Pattern on it, I quickly dryed my hair, applied a little make-up on my face and sprayed my favorite Perfumes Humrah and The nice scenting Al-hadark

I took my Hand bag and a matching veil and sashayed down to the Dining Room. "Good Morning everyone". I greeted the couple, Abba travelled to Canada this morning, He doesn't spend a month without traveling for a business trip and I think that contributed to there separation with Mami.

"Morning Auta, how was your night?" Ya Hanif asked, "Fine" I said with a smile plastered on my face as I remembered how I spent half of the night making call with Ya Salim, He kept saying he loves me wishing I would reply but unfortunately I couldn't.

"Surie how was your night?" Aunty J asked. "It was fine,you?". "What do you expect when I'm with my Baby?" She said and I nodded my head.

One day, I and Ya Salim will get married and build a strong relationship, I mentally spanked my self for thinking like that, we are barely in a relationship.

"Ya Hanif do you know you're the sweetest bro ever" I said and he raised his eyebrows giving me the what-do-you-want look. I thank Allah for giving such a nice brother, he knows when I want something from him.

"Uhmm....Ya Salim invited me to his Nephew's birthday party....so...I won't go to the office today" I said not making eye contact with him, I missed office yesterday claiming I had fever.

"Auta stop being unprofessional, just because you are a member of this family doesn't mean you can miss work each time you feel like, You're the Manager for God's sake" he complained.

"I know Ya Hanif, but I just couldn't turn down the invitation because I respect the fact that he is your friend" well, that was a huge lie.

"You can go but just know that I may replace you with someone" he threatened, he has been saying this for almost two years now.

"No problem, replace me with that girl that always help you in your office, she will do better since she spend the whole hours of work keeping you company" I said and sipped my Coffee.