10|Public Secret

'It is wise to look ahead what you want to become but it is Dangerous to look farther than you can see'
-SNS
_________________________________

Salim's POV
Suraaya is a time Impairer, she kept on telling me, she'll finish in the next thirty minutes, or just a jiffy, Some seconds please, I'm commiing.

I felt someone staring at me and when I turned I saw her, The girl that keeps apearing in my Dream. She looked Beautiful, Gorgeous, Classy, and what not.

I love her dressing code, I love Natives and it perfectly suit the type of her body.
"Good Morning" she greeted.
"Morning, how was your night?" I asked nicely.
"Fine" she answered but not before rolling her eyes, Masha Allah, I love those eyes, Especially when she put black Khol.

As usual she made me to drive, I am suppose to but I don't have Driver's license and I want be a Law abiding citizen.

We saw the VIOOfficers from afar and Surayya told me to stop but I did not.

I thought they will understand but no, they asked for a bribe of 10K and Surayya gave it to them willingly, That's why our country will never change to be sincere.

Every one does it, even a Taxi Driver Does, Those who we call out Tomorrow leaders also do it, Student give Bribe also just to see that they pass.

Our parent Craved for knowledge and Success While we read To pass not to gain knowledge But Children of today only crave for success and certificate they can't defend.....

We keep blaming out leaders but we are also messing up, every one is Messing up. The Government the people, The rich and the poor, The adult and children, every one.

We went to the office in less than 30 minutes. I and one of the officers went out with a car, and he asked me some questions on Road Signs and Traffic and after that we came back and did other registrations, They gave me a temporary one to start using.

Mom has not been picking my call, Why is she this angry with me?.

I kept on calling to the extent Suraaya noticed and asked me who it was, I told her it's my Mom and she told me to send her a message, an emotional one.

I pray it works out because I don't want to follow any stupid adive, That girl is crazy and I know might just fall a victim.

I sent her a message when we reached home and after Dinner I went to check if she has replied but no, she did not.

So I decided to call her and lucky me she picked my call.

"Assalamu alaik...."
"Keep quiet.....kayi mun shiru" Mom caught in.

"Mom please...I am sorry ok?"
"When will you start the program you went there for, I'm asking you, When did I become your mate Salim, iyi?, and when did NYSC turn into a two month program, Salim ka fita a idona" she warned.

Mom is angry with me, who told her I'm here for NYSC.
"Ummi I'm sorry, I promise to come back home immediately I finish, please Mom, please, Your Son is sorry" I whined.
"Better make sure you come back immediately, I won't take any nonsense from you this time arround, that was how you behaved the last time you went to Egypt"

Mom never stay angry with me for long, But there is something unique about Nigeria, Is it the Weather,is it the People, or is Suraaya?.

"Kana jina ko?" (Hope you are listening to me).
"Na'am?"

"Your Dad and I will come to Nigeria to see you because I don't trust some people before they will come and bewitch my son" Mom Said.
"Ok Mom, see you soon, Bye"
"Ni kake cewa Bye" (Am I the one you are telling Bye).

"Se anjima" I corrected my self laughing.
"Better, sleep well and make sure you eat before going to bed, Who cooks for you?" She asked.

I done know if I should tell her cause I know Mom wouldn't like it. "Suraaya" I said.

"Ok, hope you like it?" She asked. Wow this sounds good.
"Yeah...I like it, but no good is sweater than my Mom's own" I said and I could hear her chuckle.
"Good night" she said. "Alright Mom, Good night."

I thought Mom would be angry but here she is sounding so very nice and I know she knew I was lying, I'm not sick, She knows wether I'm sick from the way voice sounds, Well, I can sleep peacefully now.

I want to sleep so that I can go to the Dream land with....who is she?, I don't even know, but I think she looks like Suraaya.

She looks so much like my Dream Girl, I covered my self with the Soft duvet and then remembered what Ummi said, eat before you go to bed. I looked at the wall clock and it showed 10:20pm.

I went downstairs and headed to the kitchen, there I saw Surayya and Barirah talking, it looked like she was scolding her.

"Hope all is well?" I asked looking at them both. "Nothing is well Ya Salim, What do you want?" She asked.

"I'm hungry" I whined. "Okay, What do you want?" She asked."Hollandia?"
"Okay" she said and grabbed a medium size from the fridge and handed it to me.

I turned back and left but not without hearing a little from the Conversation. " These are the Ten reasons why you shouldn't send him Nudes Barirah"

Let me talk like Market people, the talk to big for my ear, so I carry my leg waka from there.
Ha-Ha-Ha, I tried, right?.

"Ya Salim" I heard Suraaya's voice. "Yes" I answered. "Good night" she smiled.
"Yeah, Good night" I replied.

Now she has giving me a reason to think of her all through the night, Why do I get attracted to each and everything she does, Why do I care, Why do I keep thinking of her???.
💫💫💫💫💫💫

Hmmm Salim🤔🤔🤔

Pls vote and comment 💛