Chapter thirty-eight

Tisa instantaneously used Flameflower, a powerful, yet challenging move to use when facing the Combusken in front of her.

The Combusken shielded himself from the oncoming flames, a glare in his eyes. Blood red.

He used Double Kick once more, but aimed the attack at Tisa.

Tisa only collapses under the frame of the strong, and cliche shiny.

He glares at her, preparing to use more moves. The fire in his eyes seemed to light the other Pokémon in the battle.

They all let out cries of fight. It was strange how just mere minutes ago these Pokémon were shuddering like baby Togepi, but now...they fought like Victini was on their side.

Tisa shivered.

How could one Pokémon be so...good? How could these Pokémon deny that the bad in the world were trying to make a point?

A point that...could ultimately help the world be a bette place; where Pokémon didn't have to judge each other on how they looked, but by how strong their claws and paws were.

There was just too much darkness in the world to constantly deny it. So much, that these Starter Squad members are trying to repel something that they cannot.

It's silly, Tisa thought. To think such a thing could be obtainable.

The outlaws were outnumbered once more. They were huddled together. Only Rau seemed like she was far away.

She lifted her paws, holding them together.

Anticipation for what to come next stirred the other Pokémon to stare at her.

She then lifted her paws, fingers curling. Her paw was focusing on an invisible ball.

A round water circle formed in her paws. She launched the Water Pulse at the shiny Combusken.

He was sent flying through the air, landing on the shiny Meganium. It was almost like that was planned out by Rau.

Getting a good look at the shiny Greninja, Tisa gained a new found respect for the starter. After all, even starters can surprise you.

In this situation this shiny starter, who could have anything she wanted, was more or less on a side that would surprise even Paarthurnax of all Pokémon.

The starter squad members around growled, offended.

" How dare you, unworthy bitches Attack us!" The shiny Braixen shouted.

" I hope you die someday," Skliros commented.

" And that day will be today, motherfucker." Rau growled, throwing multiple Water Pulses at the annoying shiny.

Anyone would think she was an entitled jerk with that attitude.

The shiny Braixen growled, a new demeanor to her face.

It was more menacing. It was almost...animatronic.

Her growl rang through the air, paws clenched.

Was this Pokémon seriously getting upset over every little thing?

Even Rau didn't act that crazy.

The shiny's eyes glowered in a leer at the outlaws. The outlaws glanced at each other.

There was something unreal about that look. It spooked Tisa and sent chills down her spine.

She wouldn't let that shiny bitch know about it, though.