{35}

~~~

~~~

The day came sooner than Luna would've liked.

Aubrey's birthday celebration was in a few hours, and she was completely freaking out. Luna had anxiety about it throughout the entire week, and now there was no avoiding it any longer. She tried coming up with any sort of excuse not to go, but she knew there was no way out of it.

All she was hearing from the redhead was how excited she was for her party, and how even more excited she was to have Luna there. The brunette knew she couldn't back out now.

The day was like any other normal day. Luna woke up, got dressed, and went to school with no desire to actually enjoy the day.

Once the girl was back home, she spent the remaining time she had going through all of her clothes. Just like last time, she was stuck on what to wear. It was getting frustrating, and Luna had no idea why she was even doing this.

This wasn't her, at least not anymore. She didn't go to parties or hang out with people solely because it always ended up being a complete disaster. She no longer felt comfortable socializing with people she didn't know. Before her life plummeted down to the very bottom, Luna was the light in the room. Her energy was just amazing and everyone knew it.

But now, she was the shadow that no one payed attention to.

Luna wanted to talk to Peter, knowing that he would comfort her in any way possible, but she still found herself becoming more shy around him. The girl thought she would be over her shyness whenever she was around him, but it got even worse ever since that night in his apartment. The two teenagers became a stuttering mess when they were around each other, so consulting in him about this was a no go.

Luna didn't want to ruin the friendship they managed to improve over the months, and she thought the best way to do that was to not talk about their obvious feelings for each other.

But that didn't mean it wouldn't be difficult for her.

After realizing that she couldn't put it off any longer since it was already late, Luna threw on an outfit that was somewhat okay for the occasion. She looked at herself in the mirror, wondering what to do with the bags that rested under her eyes. Even though it had been a while since Luna had seen Rick or even spoken to him, he still haunted her dreams and her daily life. The girl still wasn't able to fully sleep throughout the night without his face appearing in her mind. She was just glad that she was making a little bit of progress.

Luna brushed her hair, deciding not to do anything else to it since it was freshly washed from the night before.

It was nearing 7:30, so Luna knew she needed to get to the train station if she wanted to get to Aubrey's on time. The redhead lived in the nice part of Queens, where the higher class was situated. It was people like Aubrey Morgan and Liz Allan who lived in those fancy neighborhoods.