{30}

~~~

~~~

Usually, Peter Parker was the type of person to never let things bother him in any type of way. Even though he dealt with difficult crap in the past, such as being picked on by Flash Thompson, he still chose to let things go. There were rarely times in which Peter would get annoyed, but now, Ned and MJ were making it extremely difficult for him.

All the two ever talked about was how Peter still didn't have the guts to confess his true feelings to Luna. Whenever the girl wasn't around, Ned never failed to mention the fact that he still hadn't done anything to win her over.

MJ was the most difficult to deal with. She constantly called Peter a wuss for not asking her on a date and also belittled him for being so shy around Luna. The boy knew he was being pathetic, but his friends didn't understand how hard it was for him to open up about something like this. It was hard enough as it is to get Luna to talk to him, and the last thing he wanted was to screw things up.

Luna was a part of their friend group now, which meant that the urging from MJ and Ned was only going to get stronger.

Lunch was difficult for Peter to sit through. The boy constantly found himself reaching to hold Luna's hand, but always pulled away once realizing what he was doing. Also, it didn't help to have his two friends eye him from across the table. The whole thing was obvious, but Peter hoped it wasn't obvious enough for his crush to notice.

"You're driving me insane." Peter groaned, rubbing his temples.

The boy was sitting at his usual lunch table with Ned and MJ, the two not failing to mention the subject that seemed to be the only thing on their minds. Peter didn't even sit down for 2 seconds without Ned asking him if he finally made a move on Luna.

"And you're a loser." MJ retorted nonchalantly. "We're just stating the facts."

"Yeah well, You've been stating these facts for a week now. Trust me, I get the message."

Michelle rolled her eyes, shaking her head in disappointment. "Obviously you don't. Otherwise, you would have done something a long time ago."

"We just want you to blurt it out to her already." Ned shrugged, tossing a Dorito in his mouth. "I think now is the appropriate time."

Peter huffed, growing sick and tired of hearing the same thing everyday from the same people. He heard enough of it at school, and he certainly was hearing enough of it at home now that May knew about Peter's infatuation with the girl. It was impossible to get away from the it.

"Where is she anyway? You two usually come together." Ned asked.

"She's at the library returning a book. She'll be here right now." Peter answered as he rested his chin on the palm of his hand.