{44}

~~~

~~~

Luna patiently sat on her living room couch as she waited for Peter to pick her up. Her school assignments were sprawled out in front of her, and she had been attacking her homework for hours on end. She couldn't wait until her boyfriend showed up, him being the only source of relief she would feel after stressing out about school.

Luna was always in a good mood whenever she was given the chance to leave her apartment. The girl hated being there, and she was more than happy to depart from it. The apartment consisted of nothing but dark and twisted memories that Luna was still struggling to cope with. She was a girl who was physically and mentally abused for nearly a year by an evil man who had no heart. It made her think so little of herself, and how much she hurt inside whenever she came home everyday to his presence.

It was truly a scary thing, which is why Luna felt so relived whenever she left this toxic environment.

A smile crept up on the girl's face as she heard a knock at the door. Luna quickly shoved her homework in her backpack, zipping it up and throwing it to the side as she made her way to the front door.

She instantly felt better as she saw her sweet boyfriend standing there, smiling at her with that adorable grin of his.

"Sorry I'm late." He told her.

"No worries." Luna smiled, grabbing his hand and pulling him in for a hug.

Peter closed his eyes as he was engulfed in Luna's sweet scent. He could never get over how content he felt being this close to her.

"Ready to go?" Peter asked her once she pulled away.

Luna nodded. "Yeah, let me just grab my jacket."

As the girl turned, she immediately spotted her mother walking out of her bedroom, curiously looking out as she stepped into the hallway.

"Who's at the door Luna?" She asked.

The woman's eyes were focused on Peter, and the boy awkwardly shifted his weight.

Luna slowly sighed, internally cursing at herself for not leaving as quickly as possible. She had forgotten that her mother was even home in the first place.

"We were just leaving." The girl told her.

Shannon nodded, crossing her arms over her chest as she fully walked into the entryway.

"Who's this?" The woman asked, looking at Peter with a timid smile.

Luna wanted to ignore her and just leave, but she knew that Peter was far too nice to do that. She looked between her boyfriend and her mom, biting her lip.

"This is Peter." The girl quietly introduced him.

"I-It's nice to meet you." Peter gave the woman a tight lipped smile, awkwardly coughing.