Lies

Jay POV

It was Saturday when everything began to change. I was at the Junkyard for once. I was planning on going to the park and not coming back until Thursday, but man my plans changed after the tornado that was about to come through here.

I had expected it to happen eventually. Lies would build towers until it all eventually fell down. That is what Edna taught me anyway. Of course, it completely caught me off guard when a knocking was at our Front door.

I stayed in my room as I was putting my bag together. I didn't know where I was going, I just knew that I needed to get out of this place. Out of the memories that surrounded the area all together.

That was when I heard the door open. Moments later, Nya made her presence known. Boy, she was beyond angry. You could tell just by looking up at her.

"You weren't even home on Thursday. Then, you skip school on Friday. WHAT THE HELL, JAY!" Nya yelled as she glared at me.

"I know that you are angry, but---" I started.

"But nothing, Jay. How can you expect us to be in a relationship if you are lying about what you are actually doing all of the time? Relationships are built on trust, not lies. You clearly do not trust me." Nya said as she threw her hands up in the air.

"I trust you with my life, Nya. However, that doesn't mean there are things I'm not allowed to share. I wish that I could share some of these things, and maybe one day I can, but it is too dangerous for you to know." I stressed.

"Sounds like someone who doesn't care about me. If you did, you would tell me what exactly is going on about you." Nya spat.

"God Dammit, Nya!!! I am not telling you because I care about you. I already lost someone close to me, and I don't want to lose you too! You want to know why? It is because I fucking love you! I love you, I love your Family, I love our Friends. I love that I know you guys will at least care about me if I get hurt. I haven't had a relationship like that in years. Yet, I have found it with you guys." I screamed back.

"I wish that you would just tell me." Nya cried as she ran into my arms.

I held her like that for a few minutes. We rocked back and forth. I whispered how everything would be okay for us in the end. I at least hoped that it would be enough.

How wrong I was.

I could hear her still complaining. I could hear her say how it wasn't fair. I wanted to tell her everything, but I knew I couldn't. She would probably  figure it our before I told her. If there was one thing that I learned from Nya, it was that she could be so observant if she knew who to focus on.

"In our relationship, I don't think we have to tell each other everything. I think that we have to be there when the other person needs it, and always show love and support. I want to tell you everything, and eventually I will, I really just need more time. I will tell you because I love you. I know that it is a promise that I can keep." I vowed towards her as I kissed the top of her head.

"I agree, however, do we really need the lies?" Nya whispered as she kissed my head.

"I will not tell you anymore lies." I told her.

"Do you promise?" Nya pressed as she glared at  me.

"I... Promise." I told her.

My fingers were crossed behind my back. I will always lie if it keeps mu Water Lily safe.