Avoiding and Hiding

Jay POV

I hid away in the darkness and comfort of my room. I could hear my phone blasting off with messages and missed phone calls, but I didn't care.

Some may say that I am hiding from everyone. Though I agree that it is part of the reason as to why I stayed locked up here, that is not the only reason.

I guess that I am avoiding the truth. Avoiding the fact that I blamed my girlfriend for everything. Avoiding the fact that I am adopted. Avoiding the fact that I am making myself all alone.

In truth, I like being alone. No one telling you that you are doing it wrong, or that you need to find help. No one telling you how to act or dress, that is freedom. That is freedom to me.

Though I may have locked myself in my room, I am free. I am free to make my own choices and how I act to the situation. I am not ready to see any of them, so is it really a crime?

I hadn't gone to school in weeks. I hadn't spoken to anyone. I had only come out for food. 

I had hurt Nya. I had screamed in her face. She hasn't messaged me once through the thousands that I am getting. They are mainly from Kai. Probably from how I am the worst boyfriend ever, and that I need to stay away. Not that I am reading them. I can't.

Am I the complication in everyone's life? Should I just leave and never return? Make it easier for everyone? 

I thought back to my dream. To the one where lightning danced around in my head and my parents were screaming. I thought back to a few weeks ago where the weather had been affected by my emotions. I thought back to the times where it felt great to actually get shocked by lightning or little sparks with lightning. Like I was attracting the lightning. Like I was one with it.

Is there something else that no one knows about me? Is the lightning a sign that  I am not an ordinary person? Is the lightning why my parents gave me away?