The Office

Jay POV

I followed Wu into the office. I felt the Student's glares looking at the both of us as I trailed behind.

"He is going to be kicked out of school again." Some students whispered as I passed.

"It will be his 13th time too. He is such a bitch." Some other students whispered as they glared.

I continued to stay silent. I sat down in a chair across from his desk. I noticed the posters that hung around him with positive messages and sayings.

"You are not in trouble. I want to help you. To help all of Ninjago actually." Wu said as he looked at me.

"Help me, Sir?" I asked as I tried to keep my voice from quivering.

"I understand that you have abilities that no one else has. Actually, you have one power of many abilities. Yours seemed to sprout earlier than what they were supposed to. It makes me curious of your destiny." Wu said as he looked out the window.

"The lightning is an ability?" I asked as I studied my hand. 

The sparks started flickering again.

"Yes. With time, I think that you will be able to help a bunch of people. Maybe all of Ninjago." Wu said as he sat down.

"I couldn't possibly do it all alone. What makes you think that I can do this?" I asked Wu.

"There was a reason as to why I allowed you into this school. Let me tell you a story. I had a student. She was the prettiest one here with her golden hair and shimmering blue eyes. She was top of her class every year. She began a relationship with one of the famous theater kids. He was nothing special but she loved him with everything she had in her heart. It was her senior year when she thought that everything was in place. She had good grades, was set to get a good University, and had a loving fiance that would do anything to ensure her of her safety. However, she discovered that she had something that was different. She discovered that she had abilities. Abilities that were like your own. She dropped out of everything that she was doing and trained. She made Ninjago safer. When her child was born, a threat was seeping out of the darkness, and she was scared that it would target her family. She was scared that the child would not be able to protect. She was scared that he was more like the Father. She gave me the baby, and I knew what I needed to do." Wu said as I listened to the story.

"Was the Mother mine? Was I the baby?" I asked Wu carefully.

"Yes. I knew it was you the moment that I heard of your high IQ. The highest any of Ninjago has seen since Libbie." Wu said with a sad smile.

"Is she gone?" I asked.

"She is still with us. She actually came to my office with Cliff the other day and asked if she could see you. I told her that I have yet to inform you of your powers, and that I didn't want to shock you anymore than I am sure these past few weeks have." Wu told me.

"Can I see her and him?" I asked Wu.

"In time. I think that the first line of action would be to control your powers so you don't shock someone. Then, you can do training with her and me. Then, you would protect Ninjago." Wu told me.

"Would I be able to do that alone?" I asked with concern.

"In time you will have a team. You wont be the leader unless you are absolutely supposed to. The Master of Lightning has never before been the leader. If anything, you will probably be second in command." Wu said to me as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"This is just a lot to take in." I finally gasped out.

"I know that you will need time. What do you think?" Wu asked me as he looked over.

"When do I begin?" I asked with a shy smile.