Chapter 2

Dan Lo was sitting down and drinking tea behind his home, the garden he made grew in well since the four years he was in Yokoya. He looked up and noticed a tall fourteen year old Kyoshi taking deep breaths with her eyes closed, she had grown spectacularly well and she quickly excelled in her earthbending. Something he was proud of and would display as fatherly affection.

"Any minute now, Kyoshi. I need to do gardening and I can't do it with that boulder in the way". Dan Lo said, pointing at the rock with closed eyes.

"Give me a minute, master. I need to time this right". Kyoshi replied.

She got into a solid stance and pulled back one arm and slowly pushed the other forward, she breathed slowly and made time to get her chi to flow into the giant rock. She moved forward and released a powerful punch, the rock slid away from the garden and into the open where a few cow chickens were frolicking. They bounded away upon seeing the rock come their way.

"Boulder is clear, master". Kyoshi said, with her hands on her hips.

"I can see that". Dan Lo said, getting up,"But you're still lacking the solid stance that is needed. But with close observation I've noticed that you were improving on this".

"I take everything you say into consideration". She said, bowing to him.

Dan Lo smiled, then he bowed back in return.

"Now, hurry and get to Hanzo's mansion. You don't want to be late for work, do you?".

"Okay, I'm going. Bye". She said, running around the house.

"Bye, Kyoshi". Dan Lo whispered.

Dan Lo found work for Kyoshi as a servant in Hanzo's mansion at the age of 12, so she has been working there for awhile now. The Avatar was also at the mansion and his name was Yun, many people came to see him and it gave Hanzo publicity. Kyoshi has also made friends with Yun and his firebending bodyguard, Rangi. Although, Kyoshi and Rangi's relationship moved past friendship. They both realized that they both had feelings for each other, they knew no one would accept their relationship so they decided to keep it in secret.

Kyoshi entered the mansion before bumping into Hanzo, who looked surprised at bumping into the tall woman.

"Master Hanzo, I'm so sorry". Kyoshi started,"I was walking in and I didn't see where I was going........."

Hanzo laughed,"Don't worry yourself, Kyoshi. I understand that you didn't do it intentionally".

Kyoshi blushed.

"Oh, Yun and Rangi are waiting for you in the main room". Hanzo said.

Kyoshi looked confused,"Don't I have to do work?".

Hanzo shook his head,"You worked everyday ever since you started here. You deserve to at least have some fun with your friends".

Kyoshi smiled brightly."Thank you, Master Hanzo".

Hanzo waved her to go to her friends, she nodded and headed into one of the doors that held the main room. Once entering, she saw Yun and Rangi talking about something. They looked upon hearing the door close and seeing Kyoshi standing in front of them.

"You're here". Rangi said, hugging Kyoshi.

"Yes, I'm here". Kyoshi smiled with closed eyes while caressing Rangi discreetly.

"So, did Hanzo give you a day off?". Yun asked with a smile,"I mean he has worked you for two years now, shouldn't you be doing anything else?".

"I'm happy where I am, Yun". Kyoshi said, looking at Rangi.