Chapter 32

After three months in the Northern Air Temple, the three friends were once again back on the road. Samten had sent word to the Northern Water Tribe that she would be coming for her waterbending training, this was a week ago so by now the message must have reached the North Pole. Unfortunately, Niya was not coming along to the North Pole because shirshus were not build for extreme cold temperatures. Kyoshi sent a message to Miyaki a few days ago to sent her soldiers to come take Niya before they went to the North Pole.

"So, the ship that's taking us to the North Pole. Where's it located?". Sorin asked, as Niya sped down a trail.

"In a big Earthkingdom town, far North from here". Kyoshi said.

"I've never been to the Northern part of the Earthkingdom. What's the name of this town?". Sorin asked.

"A town called Ming Xu. This town is located in the far North of the Earthkingdom, it's even close to the North Pole". Rangi said, scanning the map that she took from the Northern Air Temple's library.

"Yes, you are right. Miyaki's Fire Nation soldiers will also be there to pick up Niya". Kyoshi said.

Niya whimpered as she ran.

"Don't worry, girl. I'll be back soon, I promise". Kyoshi said, rubbing the shirshu's fur.

         .......................................

They came to a stop at a marketplace of a village, they were here to restock on supplies. They needed to hurry because they were on a tight schedule, they needed to get to Ming Xu quick because the ship that was taking them to the North Pole was not going to wait for them forever. Samten had also told them that it was a Fire Nation ship that was taking them.

"I'm taking these rations". Rangi said.

Kyoshi nodded as they moved along. They walked past a stand that sold scarves, headbands, gloves and headdresses. A pair of gloves caught Sorin's eyes and he quickly backtracked and picked them up and studied them, Kyoshi and Rangi came back to see him staring at the gloves. They were white at the bottom and black at the top, they looked attractive enough in the right eyes.

"Kyoshi, you gotta try on these gloves". Sorin said.

"Why?". She asked.

"These gloves would look good with your face paint, your kimono robes, your headpiece and your fans". Sorin said.

"He has a point on that one". Rangi said.

"Are you doing all this because you want to find my Avatar look?". Kyoshi asked.

Sorin nodded,"Yeah. Now put the gloves on".

Kyoshi quickly complied and put on the gloves without any further argument, they felt a little tight as if they were a second skin which she already liked. They were not uncomfortable either.

"They feel great". Kyoshi said.

"I know, right?". He said.

Rangi just rolled her eyes,"Just pay the vendor already".

Sorin turned to the vendor,"How much for the gloves, my good man?".

"10 copper pieces and 5 gold pieces". The man said.

Sorin's jaw dropped. Kyoshi and Rangi couldn't believe it either.

"It's a good thing the Firelord likes me very much". Sorin said, taking out the money that the Firelord gave to him,"Here you go, sir". He hand the vendor the money and he took it without any protest.

"It's a good thing you saved that money". Rangi said.

"Yeah, well. I'm just lucky like that sometimes". Sorin said.