Chapter 41

Kyoshi and Rangi were waiting outside the room that Sorin was kept in. Two weeks have passed but he hasn't woken up ever since the fight ended with Hiyu and his small army, he was severely injured and it took the healers hours to heal him but he didn't wake up after that. Kyoshi was pacing in front of the door, a healer recently went into the room to go do a check up on him and she was anxious on what she would say once she came out.

"Would you stop pacing?! It's making me nauseous". Rangi said.

"Sorin is injured and he might never wake up and you're worried about my pacing and nausea?!". Kyoshi snapped.

"I know he is injured. I was there when it happened, okay? I'm more concerned about you, Kyoshi. You haven't eaten or slept in awhile". Rangi said.

Kyoshi sighed,"I'm sorry. I'm just really worried about him. What if he never wakes up?".

Rangi gave her a sad smile,"I'm sure he'll be fine, Kyoshi".

Then they saw Princess Yuna approach them with a sad walk, she seemed hesitant to approach them.

"Hi. Any news, yet?". Yuna asked.

"Not yet. The healer is still inside". Rangi said.

There was a moment of silence. Kyoshi leaned against the wall along with Rangi, Yuna just stood and waited for the door to open.

"I'm sorry, Kyoshi". Yuna said,"For this to have happened in my own homeland, I just can't fathom-". Kyoshi cut her off by putting her hands on the princess' shoulders.

"It's okay, princess. You can't blame yourself for this, none of us knew this would happen". Kyoshi said with a small smile.

Yuna smiled,"Thank you. You have no idea how much guilt you have lifted from my shoulders".

"Kyoshi doesn't blame things on people. It's not in her nature". Rangi said.

Kyoshi smiled at her.

Then the door opened and the healer stepped out. Yuna ran up to her with incredible speed.

"How is he?".

"Princess, what a surp-".

"Skip the formalities and just tell me how he is!". Yuna exclaimed.

This surprised Kyoshi and Rangi.

"The spirit water seems to be helping". The healer said after recovering from Yuna's outburst,"But there is still no change in his condition, unfortunately".

Kyoshi and Rangi sagged at that. Yuna just looked horrified.

"But-".

"Princess, I have tried everything. All we can do is just wait, he could wake up at some point or not wake up at all". The healer said.

Then she walked away after excusing herself.

"I can't continue my training knowing that Sorin will never wake up again". Kyoshi said.

"That's not an option, Kyoshi". Rangi said,"Your responsibilities to the world come first".

Yuna nodded in sadness,"Unfortunately, Rangi is right. The world comes first on your list".

"Don't worry, Kyoshi. Yuna and I will tell you anything if there is news about him improving". Rangi said.

Kyoshi nodded.

            ....................................

The two weeks stretched into two months, Kyoshi continued her training despite this fact. But it wasn't going well, she couldn't concentrate as she kept getting flashbacks of Adachi's death but instead of Adachi dying, it was Sorin. She kept thinking about this as she bend the water around her, her movements were not as fluid as usual.