Chapter 40

Kyoshi narrowed her eyes at her opponent that was a few feet away from her, her opponent seemed a little hesitant to make the first move. Kyoshi didn't let this small victory phase her though, she still had to beat him to make sure that it was a full victory. Sako though it was good idea for Kyoshi to spar with some of his students, she seemed to excel in her training very well so he thought it was good for her to face someone to gain more experience. But Kyoshi had already beaten half of his students, the only one left was the one still in front of her.

"Go!". Sako exclaimed.

The student hesitantly got into a stance and fired jets of water at the Avatar but she dodged them and bend up a pillar of ice and sent straight at him, he screamed and formed an ice shield but the shield got destroyed and the impact sent him flying back. He got up and quickly bend the snow around Kyoshi's feet but she saw through his moves and jumped into the air and fired a torrent of water at the student who got washed away by the large wave.

"Woo!". Rangi cheered.

"Way to go, Kyoshi!". Sorin applauded.

Kyoshi smiled internally at the sight of her friends cheering for her.

"Indeed. Kyoshi, you have come this far into your life. You have learned all the four elements but you still need work with your waterbending but I can safely say you're improving". Sako said.

Kyoshi bowed,"Thank you, Master Sako".

Sako nodded before facing his other students,"Would anyone else want a rematch with Kyoshi?".

"No!".

"No, thank you!".

"I have a headache".

"I have some chores to do".

"I think you scarred them for life". Sako smiled.

Kyoshi chuckled at that.

"Hey, Kyoshi. Great sparring match". Rangi said as she and Sorin walked up.

"Thanks you two". Kyoshi said.

"Well, it was no Agni Kai but who am I to complain. It was still fun to watch you beat up some boys". Sorin said.

"Are you okay with me hurting your male pride?". Kyoshi asked slyly.

"Not really. I'm a man and I'm sure you'll pretty much lose to me in a firebending match because I'm the best there is". Sorin said.

"Rangi beat you once". Kyoshi pointed out.

"Okay, that was different! But it was only once, like you said only once!". Sorin said.

"Calm down, Sorin. I'm only teasing you". Kyoshi laughed.

"Oh, right". Sorin said rubbing the back of his head with a sheepish smile.

"Anyway, what do we do from here?". Rangi asked.

"Long term or short term?". Sorin asked.

"Long term, please". Rangi smiled at him politely.

"Well, once I'm done with my training here I was thinking about going back to the Fire Nation for my Avatar State training". Kyoshi said, a little hesitantly.

The other two were surprised by what she just said, they didn't her to decide that.

"Are you sure, Kyoshi? I mean, are you sure you want to go back after everything that has happened?". Rangi asked.

"Yeah, we can always go to the Air Temples instead". Sorin said.

"Yes, I'm sure. I want to go to the Fire Nation because the Fire Sages are more knowledgeable about this than anyone else. Plus, I want to see Niya and Miyaki again". Kyoshi said.