Chapter 27

Three years. Three freaking years in the Fire Nation and only pain followed as they left the Nation of Fire behind, Rangi had decided to tag along with Sorin and Kyoshi. They had taken a boat back to the Earthkingdom and then they started travelling again, the Fire Sages had sent a message to the Northern Air Temple informing them that the Avatar was coming for airbending training. As of now, the three friends were still heading for the Air temple by travelling through the Earthkingdom.

Sorin and Rangi were having breakfast that morning, Kyoshi didn't join them for breakfast again. This was the sixth time in a row as they started travelling, Sorin knew she was still depressed with what happened to Adachi. He got up and headed for the tent where he thought he would find her but the tent was empty, he looked outside again and saw Niya sleeping a few feet away. He slowly came closer and saw Kyoshi lying against the shirshu and playing with its fur absentmindedly. This was the fifth time in a row that she slept with Niya.

"How did you sleep?". He asked foremost.

"Fine". She replied.

"Are you hungry? We made breakfast". He said.

"I'm not hungry". She said.

"Are you sure? I mean, you haven't eaten in awhile?". Sorin pressed.

"I said I'm not hungry!". She snapped.

Sorin recoiled at that. He was not expecting an outburst from her.

"I'm sorry". She said after awhile.

"Are you sure you're okay? This is the fifth time you slept with Niya". He said.

"I'll be fine, Sorin. I just wanna be alone". She said.

"Okay". He said, before walking away.

He came back to the campfire where Rangi was silently eating her food, she looked up when she saw him approach.

"How did it go?". She asked.

Sorin sighed and sat down,"She's not hungry".

           ....................................

As it turns out, having a shirshu was not totally a bad thing. Niya was big enough to carry all three of them, without any strain of weight. Shirshus were known to run long distances and were even fast, meaning that they had gone halfway through the Earthkingdom in less than three days. Niya was still young and energetic and she was extremely fast and nimble. After awhile, they came to a stop at a village that was not full with people.

"We're only here for supplies. Once we're done, we are leaving again". Kyoshi said.

"Oh, come on. They have a fortune tellers stand over there". Sorin said.

Kyoshi glared at him,"What did I just say?!".

"Oh, loosen up. Kyoshi, we have been travelling non stop for days now. We are already halfway through the Earthkingdom, let him have this chance". Rangi said.

"I'm trying to be reasonable, Rangi". Kyoshi said, trying hard not to lose her cool.

"Just a quick fortune, Kyoshi. Then we'll get our supplies and leave". Sorin said.

Kyoshi rubbed her temples,"Fine. But no more stops after this".

Rangi and Sorin nodded with smiles.

They walked into the village and Sorin decided to buy their supplies first, Rangi went to another stand and bought whatever stuff they needed. Kyoshi was in a foul mood as she watched her two friends laughing and buying the supplies, she didn't like their cheery mood.