Chapter 37

Kyoshi was bending some water around her that day, she was taking it slow because she still had to learn how to keep the water in her control. Sako circled her as he watched her movements, they were amateur at best but at least they were better than nothing.

"Interesting stance you have there, Kyoshi". Sako said with a smile.

Kyoshi looked down and saw that she was standing in a rigid and solid way, an earthbending stance.

"Oh! Sorry, Master Sako. Earthbending is second nature to me and I can't always help myself". She replied.

"I know. I'm just surprised you were still able to bend the water even in that stance". Sako said.

Kyoshi laughed a little at that.

"Hmmm, I don't seem to see your friend here. He usually sits on that ice block over there". Sako said, gesturing at the ice block.

"He is probably with Princess Yuna". Kyoshi said dryly.

Sako smiled at that,"You don't like her, do you?".

"No, I do. She is kind and sweet but I just don't like the fact of seeing Sorin around her that's all". She said.

"Does the relationship between you and your friend go beyond friendship?". Sako asked.

Kyoshi shrugged,"I don't really know what I feel for him. I don't even know if he feels the same way or not, the last thing I want is to ruin our friendship".

"Well, why don't you go talk to him and find out more". Sako suggested.

Kyoshi looked at her master closely,"Right now?".

Sako nodded,"Yes. We can continue later".

Kyoshi smiled at this before running off. Rangi told her earlier that he was practising in the town courtyard.

She hoped he was still there.

            ...................................

She found him doing unfamiliar katas, the movements were too fluid for waterbending. But there was familiarity to some movements as they referred back to firebending. He was looking down at a scroll occasionally and was replicating whatever was on it. He came to the ending of his sequence and turned to face her, surprise was written on his face when he saw her.

"Oh, hi Kyoshi". He smiled.

"I'm sorry, have we met before?". She responded with a smile.

Sorin laughed,"Oh, sorry about that. These last few days were kind of hard and I still haven't made any progress with this".

"I'm sure you'll find a way". Kyoshi said.

"Sorry I didn't come to watch you train for awhile". He said.

Kyoshi smiled,"It's okay, I was kind of fine. Although I did miss your music, it helps me to focus a lot".

He smiled,"Of course it does. Well, let me get back to that training".

"Mind if I watch?". Kyoshi asked.

"That would be good actually".

She nodded and took a seat on one of the piles of snow.

"So, what do you think of the Northern Water Tribe?". He asked.

"It's a little cold but I'm getting used to it. But other than that, I love their culture it is very intriguing". She said.

"Yeah, I love it too". He responded,"Kyoshi, what are you gonna do once you finish your training and bring balance to the world?".

"Well, the Avatar's duties are never done so I don't really know". Kyoshi said,"I'll go back home perhaps".