Chapter 31

Kyoshi was moving through the gates again, she maneuvered herself as she moved through them. She couldn't forget what she went through but she could at least make peace and live with it. Now, she could easily maneuver herself.

"Yes, Kyoshi. Good, just move like that. Move like the breeze from the morning air". Samten encouraged from the sidelines.

Kyoshi sidestepped another gate and spun herself until she jumped out to the other side, she looked down and couldn't believe that she made it through.

"I did it!". She thought happily.

"Well done, Kyoshi". Samten appeared from the other side.

"Thank you for everything, Master Samten". Kyoshi bowed.

"No need to thank me, Kyoshi. Its what teachers do". He bowed in return.

Kyoshi smiled.

"Now, try airbending". He said.

"Really?". She asked.

He nodded with a smile.

Kyoshi got into a loose stance and punched forward, a puff of air shot out and blew the leaves that were on the ground a few feet away.

"Wow! It's so different from fire. It's much lighter". Kyoshi said.

Samten nodded,"Yes. Air is a peaceful element".

Kyoshi stopped and quickly took out her fans and tried to make a kata with them in hand, unfortunately she couldn't find a suitable stance for it.

"Is there a way I could incorporate my fans to airbending or the other elements?". Kyoshi asked, turning to her master.

"Interesting thought. Maybe airbending since fans involved waving motions but I don't know about the other elements". Samten said, studying one of Kyoshi's fans.

"I could learn to utilize my fans to bend the elements, the results might be surprising". Kyoshi smiled.

Samten smiled back,"Possibly".

              ...............................

Kyoshi found Rangi sitting under a tree and it appeared that she was eating an apple with her eyes closed. Kyoshi wanted to make things right with her friends after how she was acting toward them, she knew they were only trying to help but she kept pushing them away. She walked up to the still chewing girl and looked down at her.

"Rangi?".

Rangi opened one of her eyes and she quickly opened both when she saw Kyoshi in front of her, she quickly got to her feet and looked at her.

"Oh. Hi, Kyoshi. It's a surprise seeing you here". Rangi said.

Kyoshi knew what she meant.

"It's good to see you, Rangi". Kyoshi said before hugging her friend,"I am so sorry for yelling at you. I was just in a really bad space after Adachi's death and I'm sorry for taking my pain out on you, you guys didn't deserve that and I'm sorry".

Rangi immediately hugged her back,"You don't need to apologize, Kyoshi. I'm your friend and I get it. Just don't cry on me".

They let each other go and Kyoshi wiped away a few tears before noticing Rangi staring at her.

"We all were pained by Adachi's death, Kyoshi. But Sorin took it more to heart because he and Adachi had known each other for a long time and it hurts to lose someone that you were close to". Rangi said.

"Sorin was trying his best to help me but I always drove him away, he was the only one who understood me through this whole journey and I just threw it all in his face as if it meant nothing". Kyoshi said.