Chapter 35

The trio entered the large hall of the palace, Sorin looked around in intrigue. Kyoshi observed the area around her, it was beautiful and lavish but it was still a little cold in there. Rangi didn't pay any attention to her surroundings because of her concern and hatred for the cold, she didn't even notice that they had stopped at the base of some steps that led up to the chief's throne. Rangi looked up and saw a man sitting on a throne, his face held authority that much she was sure. There was a young woman sitting next to him on her own throne.

"Chief Ooraq, I present to you Avatar Kyoshi of the Earthkingdom". Arkul said, gesturing to Kyoshi.

Chief Ooraq smiled,"It is good to finally be in your presence, Avatar".

Kyoshi bowed,"The feeling is mutual, Great Chief".

"This is Lieutenant Sorin and Lady Rangi of the Fire Nation and are also good friends of the Avatar". Arkul said.

Sorin and Rangi gave bows and the Chief returned it from his great throne.

"As you all know, I'm Chief Ooraq of the Northern Water Tribe". Ooraq said,"This is my daughter, Princess Yuna". He gestured his hand toward the young woman that sat next to him.

The young woman smiled and nodded her head at them.

"I hope your trip here was pleasant, Avatar. There have been recent storms that have been taking place after Avatar Kuruk's shrine started to shine brightly, his statue's eyes also started to glow". Chief Ooraq said.

Kyoshi frowned,"When was this?".

"During the Winter Solstice". Arkul said.

"That was around the time you stopped that wolf spirit from attacking the village". Sorin said to Kyoshi.

Kyoshi nodded.

"Our trip here was pleasant, Great Chief. We are just a little tired after everything that took place". Rangi said.

"Yes, of course. Arkul, could you show the Avatar and her friends to their rooms?". Chief Ooraq asked.

Arkul nodded,"Of course. Please, right this way".

Kyoshi and her friends followed the advisor out of the throne room.

            ..................................

The ship left two days ago along with the entire crew. Everything went pretty much back to normal, the people were now much at ease with the ship gone. That morning, Kyoshi was heading out of her room to go meet her waterbending teacher. She was excited to start her waterbending training, she wanted to experience what it felt like bending water. The element of change. She walked into a courtyard where she saw a middle aged man bending a puddle of water in his hands, she smiled at the fluid motions that he made with every shape that the water took. She saw Sorin to her right, sitting on a block of ice and doing some drawing.

She slowly approached her master and stood behind him.

"Good morning". She said.

The man stopped his bending and turned, he immediately smiled upon seeing her.

"Ah, Good morning. I am your waterbending teacher, Sako". The man said,"Are you ready for your first lesson?".

Kyoshi nodded,"Yes, I'm ready Master Sako".

Sako nodded,"Good. Now, follow me". He led her to a bowl that held water in it, he picked it up and handed it to her.

Kyoshi glanced down at the bowl in her hands.

"Tell me, Kyoshi. What do you see?". Sako asked.

"I see.......um clear water". Kyoshi said.

"Yes, that is correct". Sako said,"But if you look closely at the white bowl and the clear water, you see that it becomes a clear reflection of the moon itself".