Chapter 7

Kyoshi could smell the ocean as they approached another village, they had been travelling for another few days now and they were both glad to come into another town. Well, Sorin was glad but Kyoshi wasn't that much. Sorin had been making stops at every town they passed and it was getting on her nerves, she wanted to get to Omashu as soon as possible. As they came closer, she noticed a forest on one side and it felt like it was calling her and she felt a pull.

"Sorin, we came to this town to get supplies and get a boat. No stalling, like you did in the last few towns". She said, trying to fight off the urge to walk into the forest.

"Hey, you need to enjoy the wonders of the journey as much as the destination you are heading to". He said.

"Well, I would have if I wasn't the Avatar and didn't have a deadline to follow". She said.

"Why are you so uptight? Omashu is not going anywhere, besides we are getting closer to it as we speak". He said, as he walked ahead of her.

"I'm not uptight". She murmured.

They continued walking and after awhile, Sorin looked at Kyoshi and decided to ask her something.

"Since I know you're the Avatar. Can you tell me why you left home?". He asked.

She cocked an eyebrow,"Can you tell me why you left home?".

"Okay, fair enough". He said,"But can you at least tell me why we're going to Omashu?".

"We? You make it sound as if you're coming with me the rest of the way". She said.

"I am. Come on, I just found out you're were the Avatar and I said I was writing a biography on the Avatar's life. This could be my chance and you have to understand, besides you need me to keep you in check. You have real anger issues". He said.

This earned him a glob of mud to the face,"Hey, what was that for?! It's the truth and you know it".

Kyoshi smiled as she walked ahead,"I suppose you could come along. Especially since I can keep throwing mud at you".

He fumed at that. Kyoshi gave him a few copper and gold pieces and they decided to go their separate ways to buy supplies.

They walked into the town and Kyoshi came to a market where a man was selling fish, he looked at them closely and stood up.

"Long way from home, ain't you?". He smiled.

"You could say that". Kyoshi said.

"You should buy the le ta fish. They are more tasty this season". He said.

Kyoshi scanned the stand,"How much for it?".

"Usually I sell it for ten copper pieces but since you're a traveller, I'll bring it down to eight copper pieces". He said.

Kyoshi fished for the money and pulled it out and placed it in the man's hand, he counted it and looked up at her.

"You gave me two gold pieces extra". He pointed out.

"Think of it as an extra tip". She smiled.

He laughed,"Ah, I like you. Thank you for your value".

"You're welcome". She said,"Say, you wouldn't happen to know anyone with a boat, do you?".

The man smiled,"My brother does. Do you need a ride anywhere?".

"I need to get to Omashu". Kyoshi said.

"We can't specifically take you there. But there is a cove at a mountain pass that we can drop you off and you'll be able to get to Omashu with walking distance". The man said.