Chapter 39

Kyoshi was in her room that night, after putting on the dress that the Chief's servants brought her. She straightened the dress out a little so that it didn't look too loose on her, she also started to tie up her hair but she decided to allow some strands to run down her back. She didn't know why she was trying so hard to look good, maybe she was doing it for Sorin or maybe for something else instead. She picked up a water tribe arm band and slid it onto her bicep, she liked how it looked with her blue dress.

"I guess that should be perfect enough". She said.

She heard a gentle knock at her door and she turned to ponder who it was. Was it Sorin?

She slowly got to her feet and made her way to the door, then she pulled on the knob and opened it. Rangi was on the other side with a smile on her face.

"Hi, Kyoshi. Wow, you look amazing". Rangi said.

"Thanks, Rangi. The dress was amazing but I decided to make a few adjustments to it". Kyoshi said.

"I can see that". Rangi said, eyeing how the dress hugged Kyoshi's figure.

"If it makes you stare like that, I'm pretty sure it will work on Sorin too". Kyoshi smirked at Rangi.

Rangi looked up with wide eyes,"Wait, what! You want to catch his attention!".

Kyoshi nodded.

"Wow, that's..........I'm just.......that's pretty daring of you, Kyoshi". Rangi said.

"Well, you did say that I had to do something eventually. And I will do anything to keep him away from Yuna or any other girl". Kyoshi said.

"Way to take charge but just don't come on too strong, it might send wrong signals". Rangi said.

Kyoshi nodded at her again.

"Nice dress by the way".

"It's amazing, right?". Rangi said, doing a little twirl.

Kyoshi was surprised that Rangi looked so beautiful in the Water Tribe blue dress, she figured that Fire Nation people wouldn't look good in other colours other than their own native color but here was Rangi, proving that logic wrong.

"We should go now if you don't want Sorin flooded by other girls". Rangi said, heading out the door.

"Sure". Kyoshi said, following her out.

            ....................................

The two young women came to the koi garden and it was surprisingly warm in there, they looked around and saw Sorin being surrounded by Southern Water Tribe girls. They were too late.

"Wow, Southern girls don't waste time at all". Rangi said.

"I can see that". Kyoshi said a little annoyed.

Then they saw Sorin starting to play his flute and start to sing as well, the girls cheered him on as he did this.

Rangi gasped at this.

"I thought he only played music for me?!". Kyoshi exclaimed.

"Don't get mad, Kyoshi. Don't forget that he also played for me as well". Rangi tried to reassure her.

"That was different! You two are friends and I have no problem if he plays for you as well but those girls are not my friends and I don't know them". Kyoshi scowled.

"Are you jealous?". Rangi asked with a surprised laugh.

Kyoshi was not afraid of denying her feelings anymore, she accepted her feelings for Sorin after Rangi told her to go after him.