Chapter 13

Adachi and the others walked through the halls of the palace, Sorin didn't feel comfortable coming back here. After what happened transpired two years ago, he felt like he was coming to a place where he wasn't wanted. Adachi opened the entrance to the throne room and they all entered and looked around.

"Father, I have brought the Avatar. I thought you might want to meet her". Adachi said.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Firelord Mitsui". Kyoshi said, bowing.

The Firelord smiled only,"It is an honor to be in your presence, Avatar".

Then a man that was on the right side of the Firelord whispered something into his ear, Firelord Mitsui looked up again and noticed Sorin.

"Adachi, my minister, Honsou says that one of our own has returned". Firelord Mitsui said.

Adachi said,"Yes, father but I.....".

"When I heard that Lieutenant Sorin had returned, I thought it was probably rumors but now I see it wasn't". Honsou said, a little bitterly.

Adachi glared at him.

"Honsou, please". Mitsui said to his advisor,"Sorin, it is good to see you again".

Sorin took a bow that only lieutenants gave to the Firelord,"It is good to be in your presence, Firelord Mitsui".

"Princess Miyaki has missed you". Mitsui said,"She has been waiting for you to teach her how to shoot lightning".

Kyoshi looked up, a little surprised,"Lightning?".

Honsou smirked at this,"Oh yes, Lieutenant Sorin discovered how to shoot lightning a while back when he was on his missions".

"I still don't know how to do it". Sorin spoke up.

"I'm surprised he hasn't told you this, Avatar". Honsou pressed on further.

Sorin shot a glare at the advisor.

"I'm sorry, you haven't been able to find a way to shoot lightning. Miyaki has been waiting eagerly for this moment". Mitsui said.

Sorin nodded,"I know".

"Father, I'm giving them a tour of the palace. Do I have permission?". Adachi decided to speak up before things got out of control.

Mitsui nodded,"Yes, feel free".

Adachi escorted his new friends out of the throne room. He knew coming back here would be hard for Sorin, he was right. Two years weren't enough to forget the past.

            ..................................

Kyoshi ran her drills later that day with Yamoto watching her every move, she was improving well. He still didn't want to teach her how to bend fire, he wanted her to perfect each kata that was in the form of firebending.

"Master Yamoto?". Kyoshi called while still running her drills.

"Yes?". Yamoto said.

"What happened with Sorin when he was part of the military?". She asked.

"I don't understand what you mean". He replied.

"Why does he get upset everytime someone mentions his past?". She asked.

Yamoto hummed in discomfort,"This isn't something that I should be telling you. It's not my place".

"Please. His my friend and I care about him". She begged.

Yamoto closed his eyes,"Sorin was a lot of things a prodigy, a dare devil and an idealist. Did you know he discovered how to bend lightning when one of his comrades almost got hit by a lightning bolt during a storm. He saved an entire island from a volcano by bending the heat out of the volcano, another type of bending he discovered. He was natural born bender, leader and idealist. He was higher than average. His comrades respected him for that".