Chapter 1

Fire, air, water and earth. One of the four fabrics that allow the world to exist and survive, created from another realm that is a far cry from the physical world that everyone is familiar with. Each of these fabrics is controlled by a human recipient, each distributed across four different nations. But only one can control all four of those fabrics, one called the Avatar: the bridge between the spirit world and the physical world, the mediator between the nations and the beacon of hope for everyone around.

The Avatar is considered the most powerful being on earth but many in the past have tried to defy the power of being in countless encounters, it always ended with the Avatar having the upper hand and triumphing over all the evil. For generations, the Avatar has maintained peace and harmony all over the world, if the peace was threatened the Avatar would be reborn and start the journey for peace once again. It has been that way for thousands of years and will remain that way forever.

If the era of an Avatar comes to an end, a new one rises and takes on the mantle to maintain peace and order. If the previous Avatar didn't complete his/her mission in the previous life, the current one will finish what was started.

(Typical example:Roku)

                    .................

A cold breeze blew in on a SouthEastern Earthkingdom village. The breeze was invited by the ocean that was fogged up to such an extent that you could not see a single boat, the fog seemed to enter the small village and seemed to fill the streets. While this went on, people were warm and safely inside their homes. They had food and shelter and couldn't ask for more, as most do not have this sort of life and don't barely have a roof over their heads.

Winter was coming and the people of this small town had(Okay,I know I said village before but I really needed to say town this time. Please bear with me) prepared for a long time and have set up what they would need during this cold and grueling season. But amongst all this, there was one individual that didn't have the necessities she needed. A small girl that looked about ten, sat between two homes and tried everything to keep herself warm. She was cold, tired and hungry but nobody in this town cared about her.

"Just like mom and dad". She thought bitterly.

She remembered the day that her parents left her here at this town, promising that they would come back for her. She was left into the care of a family but once her parents left, the family threw her out into the streets. Even though she was thrown out that day, she still had faith that her parents would come back for her and they would be happy again. But they never came back and she felt absolutely shattered that they would do something like this to her. She cried and felt angry at what they did, sometimes she told herself that they were probably taking long to come back but she knew deep down that wasn't the case. That was four years ago, after that she resort to begging on the street and doing everything she could to survive.

She grew abnormally in height and was teased about it most of the time and even most of the shoes didn't fit her big feet, so she decided to stay barefoot and continue life that way. She still remembered what her mother said to her on that day they arrived in the coastal village.

"Your father and I will come back for you, Kyoshi. And remember that your father and I love you a lot". She remembered her mother say.

Lies, obviously!

They never cared for her at all, they just wanted to get rid of her. Otherwise, she would not have been suffering out in the streets for four years. She thought her mother, Jessa would be a good mother because she was an Air nun and they were said to be good people. Unfortunately, her mother was a monster and didn't care for her at all, she knew of this because her parents were nothing but pathetic criminals. When she heard that they both died a few years later, she felt quite satisfied about not seeing them again. But she had to focus on her present and the situation she was in, she had no food, no shelter and had no one to look after her. She was all alone.