Chapter 21

It was official:Kyoshi hated flying. It was probably an Earthbender thing, it also didn't help that she clung to Sorin's body like it mattered to her life.

"Kyoshi, open your eyes". Sorin said.

"No. I'm keeping them closed until I reach the ground". She responded.

"But you're missing the view". He said.

She slowly and reluctantly opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings. She looked down and saw Ember Island as a small circle in the middle of a big and wide ocean, she could still see the festival lights from up here. She was in awe at what she saw but the ocean was what caught her attention, the moon lit the ocean in a beautiful spectacle of shimmering lights.

"It's beautiful". She breathed, forgetting her fear of heights.

"I know, right?". Sorin said.

Kyoshi kept on looking, she looked up and saw the clouds slowly moving above them.

"Hey, Draco. Why don't we go down a little for the good ole' lady". Sorin said, petting the dragon's neck.

Draco grunted before sailing downward in a way that was fine for Kyoshi, she loved the feeling a lot. They had been flying for awhile now, so Sorin decided to go back down to the ground and Kyoshi agreed.

"Let's head for the beach. The others are probably waiting". Sorin said, as they swooped down.

They saw the beach getting closer and they saw people running away from Draco's approaching form, they saw three figures waiting on the beach and Sorin knew it was their friends. They came in for a landing and Draco stopped with a thud, Sorin was the first to jump off and then Kyoshi followed after.

"That was amazing". Adachi said, as they came close.

"How was the flight?". Rangi asked.

"Well, I found out that I hate flying. But it was nice, the view was amazing". Kyoshi said.

"I wish I was up there". Miyaki said.

Then they saw Sorin take off the chain from Draco's mouth, then he petted the dragon's head before he pointed to the sky. Draco got the hint and took off flying, he threw the chain to the ground and approached the others.

"Why did you do that? Don't those guys need their dragon back?". Miyaki asked.

"Draco was not theirs to keep. They were just gonna keep him confined again, Moon Furies need the open air". Sorin said.

"Wait! This was part of your plan, wasn't it? You wanted to free the dragon, didn't you?". Rangi said.

Sorin smiled but didn't say anything.

"Come on. There are a few huts around here that could provide entertainment". Adachi said.

They then started walking again. Then they passed a hut that had masks of all kind, then one caught Kyoshi's eye in particular. It was plain white and its eyebrows were painted black, the top of the eyes was painted red. The lips were painted red also.

"That's it!". Kyoshi said, running up to the hut.

The others looked at each other and followed her.

"What's it?". Miyaki asked as they reached her.

"That". Kyoshi said, pointing at the mask.

"A mask?". Adachi asked.

"Yes. Lady Sho told me to find a face that represents me and I know that mask is perfect for me". Kyoshi said.

Sorin put two and two together,"Oh, you mean when she said something about choosing a face. I always wondered what she meant".