Chapter 17

Kyoshi and her friends were going to Ember Island that day. She hoped to go sooner but didn't get the chance to, but she finally got the chance to relax. Before she went, she decided to have one last training session with Ty Jun. He told her in one of  their previous lessons, that she always lost to him because she always held back. He told her that holding back could be fatal in battle, so he told not to. Which was why they were here, to fix that problem.

Kyoshi slowly approached Ty Jun and lunged in with a kick but he rolled out of danger and sent a kick her way, she dodged and jumped back. He lunged at her with a flurry of punches but she blocked and dodged most of them, but some made their landing. She dodged another attack and sent a kick his way but got caught by the leg and got tossed to the ground.

"Even in your kicks, you show restraint. Remember: don't hold back". Ty Jun said.

Kyoshi sat up and looked at him. She licked the inside of cheek before jumping up and sending a flying kick his way, Ty Jun dodged her advances and spun in time and landed an elbow in her gut while she was still in midair. Kyoshi fell back and groaned in pain, she looked up and dodged a knee that came crashing down toward her. She quickly jumped up and sent a spinning kick at him, this time it made its mark and he got hit across the jaw. He fell back and Kyoshi put a foot to his chest.

"I win". She said, before removing her foot.

"Well done, Kyoshi". Ty Jun said, getting up.

"Do you think Lady Sho will consider training me now?". Kyoshi asked.

"That's not enough, Kyoshi. Lady Sho has turned down many before, including the Firelord. So your Avatar title won't be enough, you need to find something that makes you worthy".

"I tamed a shirshu. Will that be enough?". She asked.

"I suppose. But then again, Lady Sho isn't very predictable". Ty Jun said.

Kyoshi's look didn't waver.

"Now, come on. Let's go again, I need to be sure that you are ready for Lady Sho". Ty Jun said, entering his fighting stance.

Kyoshi groaned.

             ................................

"Welcome to Ember Island, everyone!". Sorin yelled in excitement as they got off the boat.

After two days of sailing, they were glad to be on solid ground again. Sorin looked more excited than the others, he always liked coming to Ember Island as a kid but now, he was older. He was here to get some inspiration from the theaters for his biography, plus also to get Kyoshi to Lady Sho's place.

"So where do we head off to?". Adachi asked.

"Actually, you guys go on ahead. Kyoshi and I have some business to attend to". Sorin said.

"Ooooh, you gonna propose to her?". Miyaki teased.

Rangi burst out laughing.

"Um, no". Sorin said, taken aback by the thought.

"He is taking me to Lady Sho's place. Hopefully, she'll accept to teach me". Kyoshi said.

"I bet she will". Adachi said, smiling at her.

Kyoshi smiled. She felt herself blushing slightly.

"Come on, let's go". Sorin said.

"Be sure to propose to her afterward". Rangi said while laughing.

"Not funny, Rangi". Sorin said.

"By guys. Bye Adachi". Kyoshi said.

"Bye Kyoshi". Rangi and Miyaki said.