Chapter 54

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever thought of seeing Luca's wife this close. Let alone, talk to her. I loathed them so much. Her family. Her father. I killed them so many times inside my head. I am utterly disgusted with them. I cannot take being in the same room with them. But right now, seeing her weak facade this close, and how much intimidated she is by me, I can say that this is all just perfect. Not because I learned she's weak and I'm stronger. But because I can see the guilt straight from her eyes. It's so satisfying.

"Uh, s-shall we order first?" She stuttered. I arched a brow. I already did.

"No. I don't have any plans to eat with you. Now, talk." Diretsahan kong sabi. I saw her gulped in nervousness. However, she collected herself and tried to smile at me. Bítch.

"I heard you are courting our architects. I think it is not a good idea-"

"It is not your architects, in the first place, really. It is the Lagdameo's. You are just a subsidiary company and you and your father just doesn't count in."

Namilog ang mga mata niya. She looked awfully offended. I smirked. Now, I wonder how did she find me here. Dahil ba nag-manman ako kanina sa firm ni Luca? At panigurado'y nakita kami ng mga bodyguards niya kaya napag-alaman niya at sinundan ako rito? Well, what a kind move but sadly, I don't appreciate your effort, Mrs. Lagdameo.

"I-it is ours, too. K-kasal kami at kung anong meron siya, amin din." Nanginig ang mga labi niya. Uminit ang teynga ko sa sinabi niya. So she's using the married card against me now, huh?

"Ano naman ngayon kung nililigawan nga namin ang mga arkitektong umalis sainyo? You are out of that." Mariin kong sabi. I can't believe this is how weak she is! How petty she is! Sa kabila ng pagka-demonyo ng ama niya, ganito siya bilang anak? What a shame!

"Please, Blythe, I ask of you, don't hire them. Luca needs nothing but the best architects in his firm. Pinaghirapan niya iyon at ayokong mawala lamang ang lahat ng iyon sakaniya bigla. Please, spare his firm." Bumaba ang mga mata niya at kitang-kita ko ang pagmamalasakit niya kay Luca. Kumirot ang puso ko. She must love that asshole so much, huh? Tapos iyong damuho hindi man lang siya magawang mahalin? I pity this weak woman so much! She is so out of my league!

I did not expect this. I expected a confrontation with regards to my being involved with his husband. Na kokomprontahin niya ako sa pagiging 'kabit' ko di umano sa asawa niya. And now she's here begging me not to destroy Luca! Hah!

"Business wise, Melissa. I'm not stupid and kind like you." Sarkastiko kong sabi. I saw how it offended her so much. Lumunok siya na para bang nilulunok niya rin ang pride niya. I smirked.

"I know you are Luca's ex." Aniya at nag-angat ng tingin sakin. Natigilan ako. This bítch!

"And I know that what you are doing right now is because of what happened years ago. This is your revenge." Aniya. Unti-unti kong tinikom ang bibig ko. I gritted my teeth.

"You have the guts to talk about this with me, huh? Ang kapal ng mukha mo." Mariin kong sabi.

"Blythe, I can see how much you are clouded with anger. You are not the only victim years ago. We are, too. Luca is a victim, too." Aniya. I clenched my fists under the table. Hindi ko magawang mag-salita ulit dahil unti-unting bumibigat ang dibdib at pag-hinga ko.

"Please, slow down with all of these. Marami kang hindi alam-"

"Ano pa ba kasi ang dapat kong malaman?! You are all insinuating it and I don't fúcking understand why it has to take too long for you to say it to me! You and your damn husband!" Bahagyang tumaas ang boses ko. Mariin akong pumikit at pinigilan ang sarili.