I sleep better with you

My husband has been working on a case that he first started after some gentleman (that was an ex-judge)  his friend was kidnapped. He was the one when they found the girl's location, he was the first one side where he finds some chamber like small rooms with teen girls inside.

Since he had been assigned this case he lacks sleep, to busy worried about closing the case. And I have tried to get him to rest but he doesn't so I let him be not wanting to anger him or make him mad at me.

Faye got him to sleep one time after she played ocean waves on her phone. And that is the best sleep he has gotten.

~~

I looked at him and he nodded which told me the case was closed.

"Well now you can sleep well till a new case, hopefully one not so sleep-depriving," I tell him

He sighs but nodded in agreement and started to nod off to sleep.

"Walt baby go lay in bed, be there in a moment," I tell him and watched as he gets up and walks off to bed.

I clean up around the house, do the dishes, clean the kitchen up then head to the room where he is laying with his eyes closed.

I smiled and went to change into my nightclothes before I walked out and started to untie his boots and pulled them off placing them close by the removed his socks and belt before I carefully emptied his pockets.

I placed everything close by in case he needed to leave quickly.

I went to go to my side of the bed but when I turned I felt hands grab me and I shrieked before I looked up at Walt after he laid me beside him.

"Way to give me a heart attack," I say and hit his shoulder.

"Sorry, just wanna cuddle you. we both know my best sleep is with you in my arms" he stated

"So the one where Faye asked you to lay with her till she went to sleep then played wave sound wasn't the best?"

He shook his head and rolled me on to my side and pulled me tightly up against his body as If I was molding into him. He was my big spoon for tonight.

"Only when I sleep like this with you and have no stressing case do I have the greatest sleep of my life."

I nodded my head and rubbed his arm and sighed in relaxation before We both nodded off to sleep.