5. Ren - 2 Years Ago

"Can you believe we are actually in High School!" Kyo chuckled madly, as he threw his arms over both mine and Rikuta's shoulders.

Rikuta and I both glance at one another, trying our best to suppress our laughter.

"Kyo! Your glasses." I laugh out loud, as I take my finger and push them back up his face for him. His reddish auburn hair shines vividly in the sun. His brown eyes look to me and he smiles in a goofy manner. "Why are you so excited for high school anyways?" I ask as he shrugs his shoulders.

"No idea. but here we all are Juniors! Then this time in two years we will be seniors finishing our last year before graduation."

"I just don't see what is so important about school." I mutter. My shorter sandy blonde hair sticks up in all directions. I am dressed in ripped up black baggy jeans, that have chains hanging on them. Also I rocked a black t-shirt that has a bleeding skull upon it. Shoving my hands in my jean pocket, I exhaled out a deep sigh. "I honestly don't even think I will make it to graduation year."

"Still planning to drop out then?" Rikuta looks at me with those amazing green eyes of his.

"Yah. I know some guys, and they are willing to get me a job once I turn sixteen."

Kyo frowns hearing this. "Ren you need to graduate high school!"

"Why?" I shrug. "Nothing good will come from being here." I mutter. Sighing I turn to my two best friends. "Let's just get today over with."

Entering the school the three of us make our way to first year sign in. Such a pain in the ass, and a huge hassle.

"Ah man. Rikuta checked out all of the cute girls!" Kyo grins as his brown eyes scan the room.

"Come on Kyo, who needs a cute girl when we already have a beauty right here." Rikuta winks at me causing me to blush.

"Shut the fuck up!" I growl. "How many times have I told you to stop with that already!"

"You know very well he won't." Kyo laughs. "Come on guys let's line up!" Kyo grabs both our hands and pulls us towards the line up in the gymnasium.

Rikuta stands before me, his black hair grazing his shoulders. He turns his head and grins at me. "So Ren, any hotties catching your eye?"

"As if..." I mumble shoving my hands in my pocket.

"Don't be like that. Maybe this year you will meet someone who will be more than just a weekly fling. Someone who means more to you, then just a random fuck."

"Look man, I don't want to be here as it is. So no way I want to find a guy here to date."

"You say that now..." Rikuta chuckles his green eyes showing amusement.

"Rikuta is right." Kyo pops his head from around our friend. His glasses once again almost fell from his face.

I sigh and push them back up for him as I always do, it is such a reflex for me now. I swear if not for me, this guy would be on his hundredth pair by now. "How is he right?" I lightly chuckle.

"Well when you meet that one guy to be with, it will be like an arrow struck your heart. You will lose all track of thought when you see him, when your fingers graze against one anothers your body will burn. When his lips touch yours, you will feel the world come to a stop. You will fall madly in love with him before you realize it."

"You're too much of a sappy romantic." I laughed. "That shit ain't real."

"So Ren." My green eyes land on Rikuta. "You're saying you don't believe in love at first sight?"