48. Ren - 1 month later

I stand in front of my mirror in my room, my hands shaking as I try to tie the necktie around my neck. "You're seriously hopeless you know that right?"

I look to see Kyo and Rikuta, both standing in the doorway of my bedroom watching me and my struggle. I blush faintly. "What the fuck are you idiots doing here?"

They glance at one another and grin. "We came to wish you luck on the big date tonight." Kyo smiles.

Rikuta walked over, grabbed the tie around my neck and tugs it playfully. "Hmm Hiroshi may have fun with this." He winks at me only to make me blush more.

"Fuck off Rikuta!"

"Chill Ren, I'm only joking." He chuckles before he ties the necktie for me perfectly. "There, as handsome as ever."

"Thanks." I mumble and grab one of the vests I own and pull it on.

"You really took a liking to this new style huh?" Kyo grins at me knowing exactly why. "Who wants to bet that your little Hiroshi will be wearing one of his little v-neck sweaters you love so much tonight."

"No fair." Rikuta pouts. "That's easy money in your pocket"

"I hate you both." I groan as I look back to my mirror and sigh.

"He will think you look handsome Ren." Kyo pops his head up behind me, and I chuckle as his glasses slide down his face as I push them back up.

"So you're really going to give it to him?" Rikuta smiles seeing the little box on my bed.

"Well duh, it's his Christmas present after all." I blush shyly.

"Pretty big Christmas present if you ask me." Rikuta whispers.

"It's not big! Look how small it is!" Kyo picks up the tiny box, and I groan and snatch it from his hand shoving it in my pocket.

"Don't play with it! It took me awhile to find it, so don't ruin it."

Both my friends burst out laughing. "Oh, someone is nervous as fuck!" Rikuta grins.

"Fuck off!" I mumble as I try to smooth my hair down with my hands, before giving up as it sticks up in places like usual.

I see Kyo walking over to my desk, and he touches the huge pile of books. "So how are the night courses coming?"

"Tiring, most nights I don't get home until like one in the morning. But if this will get me into vet school..."

I smile at Hiroshi's idea. When we came home from my cousins, he showed me night classes I could sign up for that help go towards college entrance exam scores. However with missing two months of my senior year. I have a lot of courses I need to do. So I hardly have any free time at the moment.

"But it's going well?" Rikuta asks softly, and I nod my head.

"Yah, thanks to Hiroshi. I may still get into Vet school." I smile softly.

"Awe. You're little Shi-kun to the rescue!" Kyo laughs softly.

"Shut up Kyo, that's my name for him! No one else can use it"

Rikuta laughs as Kyo sighs and nods his head. "Yah, yah I know." He grins. "Just like RenShi is my name for you both!"

"I hate you." I grumble as I grab my jacket and a scarf, to keep warm in the snow outside.

"Nah, you love me!"

"That's debatable." Kyo pouts as Rikuta chuckles some more.

"Ok, come on crazy. Let's leave Ren to finish getting ready for his date, with his little Shi-kun."