9. Ren

It has now been a week since that night I saw Hiroshi in the park. A week since we talked, a week since I kissed him.

"Why the fuck did I do it?" I whisper as I dressed for school in the morning. It was Friday, and the fact the weekend was tomorrow should make me happy. However I groan out realizing, that I have detention with him yet again today. I told him that night meant nothing special. But that was before I kissed him. That kiss meant shit all though. But why can't I believe that?

"He was depressed and speaking down upon himself. I did it to cheer him up, like Rikuta does for me. That is all." Groaning I grasp my sandy blonde hair with both my hands. "Fuck, even I don't buy that at all."

Since that night I haven't been able to look at him. In detention, I can't even talk to him. I bloody hell kissed him, and now I am trying to pretend I never did it. Walking across my bedroom I opened up my curtains to let in the morning sun. My eyes land on his window, my heart races as I see him walk around his room. I close my curtains and lean against the wall.

"Fuck. What am I doing?" I sighed weakly. I once again open my curtains. Freezing in my place, as I now find myself staring into his brown eyes. Stumbling backwards away from the window quickly. My foot gets caught on my shoulder bag, that I left laying in the middle of my room. Stupid me, as I now find myself falling backwards landing upon my ass. "Kill me now..." I groaned as my face burned a deep red, knowing full well that Hiroshi totally saw that.

"Ren if you don't hurry your going to miss the bus!" My mother calls from downstairs.

"I'm coming! I'm Coming!" I yell back. Pushing myself up from the floor, I growl in annoyance as I pick up the damn school bag. Storming over to my desk, I sigh out as I see unfinished homework yet again.

"Shit." Grumbling I shove the unfinished assignments into my bag, and slowly trudge down the hall to the stairs. "If mom and dad find out I am behind in assignments again, I am seriously fucked." They were so happy when I changed my life two years ago, and began to care about schooling and grades.

I shook my head. "I just need to stop being so concerned about that fucker and focus on school." I mutter under my breath as I walk down the stairs. "I can't disappoint Shin."

"Ren Darling, I want you to hurry home after school today." My mother says as soon as I enter the kitchen.

"I can't." Mumbling I look down, unable to look her in the eyes. "Detention..."

"Well Mister, you better rush home as soon as it is over!" She snapped. "We are having guests over for dinner, and I want you dressed and ready before they arrive."

"Yes Mom. I will get here as quickly as I can." Grabbing an apple, I go to leave the kitchen when I stop and glance at her curiously. "Who is coming over?"

"Just some Neighbors."

"Ok, bye mom." I mutter as I run from the house. If I miss the bus I am screwed.

Luckily somehow I managed to make it to the bus stop, before the bus even arrived. Raising the apple to my lips I take a bite as I stand waiting.

"Whoa! You actually beat me today." Kyo laughs out as he walks over and flings his arm across my shoulders. "I am so happy it is Friday! Weekend here we come! Hey, do you want to hang today after your detention?"

"I would, but I can't. Apparently mom and dad have invited some neighbors over for dinner and I have to be there."

"Damn that sucks. But hey we can hang out Saturday."

"Kyo man I can't. I seriously need to catch up on my homework and studying."

"How far have you fallen back?" His tone took on a more serious note, compared to his free loving self.