7. Ren - 2 Years Ago

"So what do you guys have after lunch?" I glance both to Kyo and Rikuta, as we sit under a tree out in the school grounds.

"History." they both groaned at the same time.

"Hey at least you guys are in there together."

Rikuta stares at the sketch book laying on the grass beside me. "So what made you sign up for art class Ren?"

"Yah, you never took any interest in it at all during elementary." Kyo spoke as he took a bite from his sandwich.

Shrugging my shoulders, I look down to the sketchbook. "I was told I needed to take some type of elective course, it was either art, drama or join a sport."

"Ok, now it makes sense." Kyo laughs out. "You and acting, yah no way that would happen. And sports, well you would hate to be constantly compared to your older cousin."

"Shut up, this has nothing to do with my cousin." Sighing I lay down on the grass, while staring up at the blue sky. "I just don't like sports. I figured art was the easiest option."

"No kidding. You get to slack off all day in class, drawing and painting shit. Wish I thought of that." Rikuta laughs.

"Yah, not like I even like art or anything."

"Hey Ren look!" Kyo starts poking my side.

"What?" I groan, sitting up as my eyes follow his gaze.

"There's the hottie you ran into before home room."

"Huh?" I see where he is looking, and sure enough there is that tall lean muscular guy. The wind gently blows his short brown hair around. The image of his beautiful eyes entered my mind once more.

"Him?" Rikuta starts to laugh. "That's the same dude you were checking out this morning at registration!"

"Oh is it?" Kyo grins all excitedly.

"So you got your eyes set on someone already." Rikuta grins.

"Shut up. I do not." Closing my eyes, I flop back down onto the grass. "Can this day just be fucking over with already."

"Kyo look man, he is totally looking this way." Rikuta whispers.

"You're right dude." Kyo agreed. Causing my green eyes to fly open.

Rikuta's voice catches my attention. "Ren he is totally checking you out!"

"WHAT!" I bolt sitting up with a red flushed face, my eyes look over to the handsome guy.

"H-hah, you're way too easy!" Kyo laughs out loud.

My eyes stare at the guy, as he silently sits alone drawing in his sketchbook.

"Renny has a little crush." Kyo grins.

"Shut up you assholes. I'm so fucking out of here." Jumping to my feet, I storm away from my laughing friends.

"Awe come on Ren, we were only having some fun!" Kyo calls out after me.

Spinning around I glare at them, as they both try to hold in their laughs. "Go to hell."

...

Arriving at the art room early. Another sigh escapes my lips, as I enter the empty classroom and sit at one of the tables at the back of the room.

Bored out of my mind. I open the blank sketch book and start to draw random shit on the white page. Zoning out I heard the end of the lunch bell ring as I sat on the stool drawing away.

"That's really good." A deep voice breaks the classrooms silence.

"If you think this is good, I suggest you get a pair of glasses." I mutter under my breath.

"Well I'm saying it's good." The voice starts to chuckle.

Groaning in annoyance, I slam my pencil onto my sketchbook. "How about you do us both a favor, and fuck the hell off and le..." My voice trailed off the instant I raised my gaze. I feel my face tinge pink, as I now found myself gazing into those beautiful light brown eyes that are encircled in green.

"Sorry for bugging you man." He smiles and his brown bangs fall across his eyes. He then silently turns and walks across the room. I watch him in stunned silence as he pulls a stool out and he sits down.

I try to look away, but my green eyes can't seem to leave him. My heart leaps in my chest as he turns his gaze and our eyes lock together. I know my face is red from my blush as I finally drop my eyes from him. Taking a calming breath I look back towards him. My heart starts to race in my chest the moment I see him smiling at me.

He suddenly stands from the stool, grabbing his books and belongings only to walk back over to me.

"Let's start over." I stare with wide eyes at him, as he pulls the stool across from me out and sits down. I nervously gulp as I gaze into those beautiful eyes of his once more. "I'm Shin."

He holds his hand out to me. "Ren..." I whisper as I place my hand in his shaking it. When my hand met his I felt his warmth spread throughout my hand, and up through my entire body. My heart is racing as he smiles at me.

Please tell me Kyo wasn't right, with what he said earlier at class registration. Is this love at first sight? I feel my cheeks redden even more just from thinking this. This is so not like me.

"Hey. Do you think one day you could show me around town?"

"What?" I stare at him.

"Well I'm new here. We just moved in two days ago. So I don't know anyone or my way around anywhere."

"Uhh yeah. Guess I could." I mumble to be nice.

"Really? Thanks! That would really be awesome." He flashes me another smile, causing my poor heart only to pounds harder within my chest.

"So where did you live before here?" I asked him, while I picked up my pencil and started doodling again.

"Oh my family and I are from Tokyo actually."

"Hmm so this place, must seem really small and boring for you then." I laughed out loud quietly.

"I guess, but moving here does have its perks."

I raise my head and look at him, he is smiling softly at me. "Uhh, like what?" I ask in a whisper. His gaze is so hard to look away from, and I feel my face blushing once again.

Fuck. I feel like such an idiot around this guy. Yah he is completely gorgeous and sexy. He clearly works out, the way his brown hair falls across his eyes. His eyes, god they are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Damn it. I sound like some love sick girl. Naturally a guy like this though, would only think about girls anyways.

"The best perk to moving here? Well." He leans slightly across the table, whispering to me in his deep sexy low voice. "I'm looking at him..."

"WHAT!" I blurted out in complete surprise. Will my embarrassment never end? Not only is the whole class staring at me now, as the art teacher glares at my outburst. To make it worse, as I cried out my body jumped backwards. So naturally my stool decided to topple over on me, and have my body now on the floor. "Fucking hell." I grumble as I slowly stand up from the floor.

I hear snickering and laughing all around the room. "Mr Ozawa are you alright? Do you need to go see the nurse?"

"No I..." However when my eyes land on him, I instantly grab my book bag and sketchbook. "On second thought, I think I need some pain medicine." I whisper as I rush from the classroom.

Walking down the deserted hallways. I pulled out my phone quickly sending Kyo a text telling him I'm so out of here. I could care less that I still have classes after this, as I rushed off from the school grounds.

"What the fuck was that all about?" I grumble as I shove my hands in my pocket and slowly walk down the street.

...