21. Ren - 2 Years Ago

"La Trattoria?" I look to Shin as we walk home from school. I readjusted my book bag on my shoulder, trying to find a good place to have it sit.

"Yah, Is it any good?" He smiles at me as he watches my struggle. "Here." Before I can stop him, he takes my bag and throws it easily over his shoulder. "Damn Ren, what the hell you got in here?" He chuckles.

"Just, uhh books..." I mutter. "You don't have to carry it."

"I want to, that's what boyfriends do right?" He sends me a small wink.

I blush as I walk beside him, our hands just grazing against each other. How I want nothing more than to hold it.

"So La Trattoria?" He asks me once more.

"Yah, I guess it's pretty good. I have been a couple times with my parents, also with Kyo and Rikuta."

"It's not too often you find an actual legit Italian restaurant in Japan." Shin smiles. "Is it a place you need to make reservations before going to?"

"I would, it is quite popular. I went with Rikuta once, and we had to stand in line for 2 hours before we got seated." I laugh at the memory. I glance to Shin as we near the park by our neighborhood. I turn towards it, and Shin follows behind me. We both walk over and sit on the swings. "Why so interested in it?" I am curious now.

"Because I am going to take you out on a date there this weekend." He smiles at me. The feeling of butterflies in my stomach hit me once more.

"A Date?" I whisper.

"Yah, I want to take you out to dinner. I have heard great reviews about this restaurant, unless there is another place you like better?"

"No I like the food there, guess you could say it's my favourite restaurant in town." I feel my face heat up as I stare at my shoes. "What if we see someone we know, and they tell your parents?"

"Lets not worry about that ok? We went shopping at the mall that one day fine, and my parents already love you. They say you are the best friend I have made so far, since moving here." He chuckles.

"That's because I am the only friend who you ever bring home." I smile.

"Come on Ren, let me treat you out for a nice date this weekend." I can't stop the smile from appearing on my face as my cheeks blush even redder. "Is that a yes?" Shin grins at me.

"Yes. I will go on a date with you." I smile shyly.

"Good." He grins proudly. "God I can't wait until I am 18. I just want to shout out to the world, you're my boyfriend."

"Me too."

"One day I will." Shin reaches out and takes my hand in his. "I love you Ren."

"I love you too. I'm so happy you moved here." I grin, as I gaze into his gorgeous eyes.

"Same here, so keep Saturday evening free just for me." He smiles.

"How much homework do you have to finish?" I whisper shyly.

"Why?"

"Want to come to my place for a bit?" I bite my lower lip as I wait for an answer.

"Sure, for a little bit." He grins as he stands from the swing. "Lets go." He once again places his shoulder bag, along with mine over his right shoulder.

I nod and we drop our hands and walk across the street to our neighborhood. Walking to my house, I unlock the front door and we enter. Slipping off our shoes we make it to the stairs, when my mother pops out from the kitchen.