The First Encounter

Camila's POV

We watched the night under moonlight mixed in ocean air. The salty breeze tickled our necks as our laughs mixed in the cold breezing air. I heard him sigh contentedly before settling his beautiful eyes on me, so soft and so loving enough to keep me warm.

"Camila,"

I look at him like he is my whole world, "Yes, Abraham?"

"I must have loved you in another lives because when I see you it feels like coming home. No one makes feel more myself than you. When my hand is in yours it's familiar and safe, like I've known your soul since the beginning of time, through all the lives I've lived. Maybe that's why my love for you is infinite."

I didn't say anything and just close my eyes, waiting for that very final moment where I can feel his soft lips on mine.

But instead of a soft firm lips, a flying pillow hit my face that distrupt my daydreaming.

"Dinah Jane!" I hissed as I stand up from my from my bed, causing my book Under The Moonlight to fall on my lap.

"Are we going to hang out or not? Besides, you're so creepy practicing a kiss using the back of your hand. It's so cringe to watch!" The Polynesian girl chuckled while shaking her head lightly.

That daydream wrecker is my bestfriend/roommate, Dinah Jane Hansen. I met her when I'm still in Miami. I wasn't close to her back then until I heard she's coming to New York City as well to study at Princeton University (The most well known and prestige exclusive University in New York) which is the same University I'm about to go in so I hop in to her van and...boom! I'm now living in New York for almost a month now with Dinah and my little sister, Sofia. It's so sad though cause my sister and I basically living 1,760 kilometers away from our Mom and our Grandma.

"Go away, Dinah! You're also a bad kisser."

Dinah scoff, "Excuse you, Cabello. Coming from virgin like you, huh?"

"Excuse you too, Dinah jane! I'm proud of that. Come to think of it, there's a very handsome prince charming who will kiss me under a thousand stars and moonlight. And the feelings are full of sparks and butterflies. Then the kiss...it feels magical. It's worth the wait, isn't it?"

"Walz, stop reading that goddamn book, for god sake! You're getting cheesier and weird as the day goes by. Also, it's a PRINCESS not prince charming. Stop acting like you're straight cause we all know that you're not."

"Gaymila." Then a small figure appeared beside Dinah that makes me smile. It was Ally Brooke, my another bestfriend/roommate.

"A gay who loves banana." Dinah added as she and Ally do a highfive while laughing.

If you think it was fun to share a house with your two bestfriend and one sibling then I'll tell you this, THINK ABOUT IT. And when I told you to think about it, it means not just once, not just twice, but a MILLION TIMES. Seriously though, living with one prankster, one talkative little Ally who can easily talk with a tree all day long, and one annoying sibling who constantly mess things up but don't know how clean up is DEFINITELY NOT easy. It was fun, for them. Ally's role in this house is to laugh, Dinah's role is pretty much obvious, my sister's role is to eat and eat and eat and mess up around her clothes and her stuff all over the house, and me...well, I got the most greater and easy role in this house: The one who always got prank to and the one who always cleaning my sister's mess. But even so, these three became my rock and bottom. I can truly count on them whenever I needed them.

Ally used to babysit my sister since money never became an issue to her. She got her monthly allowance of $25,000 while Dinah and I got nothing. Ever since my Mom stopped her career from being a DJ in radio station after what happened to her and Uncle Mike, my Mom just put up a business instead and the money she's earning is only enough to cover Sofi's tuition fee in New York high. While me, my tuition in Princeton is already covered since I'm a scholar. Though not entirely cause I need to pay $5,000 dollars for miscellaneous expenses. My Mom doesn't send me an allowance so I have no choice but to have a double job. In weekdays, I used to work at the coffee shop and in weekends, I used to work in the bookstore with Dinah since our situation is no different just to cover up both my allowance and our monthly rent for the house.