The Legend Strikes for the Second Time

Camila's Pov

"Egyptian architecture, one of the most influential civilizations throughout history..." I mumbled while writing more ideas in my notebook for our Architecture-Engineering research. I glance at Lauren's side and the green eyed girl is still peacefully sleeping though it's already 10:16 am.

I stand up from my desk and nudge Lauren gently, "Fatso, can I borrow your laptop?"

"Hmm," She hummed against her pillow so I walk over to her drawer to get her laptop before I walk back to my desk.

Lauren's laptop is protected with password so I tried to enter her birthday, her name, favorite color, and everything but I still get the same response-Password Incorrect. And so I give up and press the hint button.

Will you marry me? The hint read.

And her laptop unlocked after I typed "yes". Why am I not even surprise? I continue to work on the presentation we're going to present this coming Monday. I've spent 45 minutes of searching, gathering information, and everything when my phone suddenly buzzed in from my pocket. It was the legend Dinah Jane.

"Walz! You free today?"

"Why?"

"Hangout. I don't want to go in your dorm anymore. It's pretty traumatic."

I chuckled, "Sure. Where?"

"At the coffeee shop near Princeton."

"Alright, I'll be there in 5." I pressed the end call button before I slip back my phone inside my pocket. And since Lauren is still sleeping, I didn't bother to wake her up and just quietly exit the dorm.

I walk for a couple of minutes, cross a street to another before I arrived at the Coffee shop where I quickly saw Dinah. As soon as our eyes met, the Polynesian girl quickly shot up a question.

"So, are you two dating now?"

"Back to you, Dinah Jane. You and Normani are exactly what? Ever since that NBA game we haven't got any chance to talk about it."

"We're dating."

"For real??"

"Yeah." Dinah answered but her face says otherwise and I can feel that her yeah comes with the next word but.

And so, I ask, "But?"

"But I feel like...I don't know. It's so complicated."

"Complicated in means of?"

"Normani's in a toxic relationship before, yeah? And she loved the guy so much and I know because she always told me that. Like 98% of our conversation is always Lance is this, Lance is that, and then the next day after they broke up, Normani kissed me and then ask me on a date and here we are."

"Well...that's a little bit frustrating. But what do you really feel?"

"I'm happy and scared at the same time. Walz, you knew how much I love this to happen. And I'm scared because I can't help not to think that I'm just her rebound."

"Hey," I reach Dinah's hand and squeeze it gently, "I saw the way Normani look at you when you're not looking. It's like the moon, the sun, and the stars are all in your eyes. Just because Mani's fresh from her break up doesn't mean she's using you as her rebound. Think of this as Mani probably realized that she deserves so much better and that she should be with someone who sees her worth, respect her, and love her more than anything else. The things she can't see in Lance but can see in you, Dinah Jane."

"Complicated relationship?" A familiar voice echoed at the side of our table. It was Austin.

"Hey, Austin."