The "I love you"s and the "Forever"

Camila's Pov

"I love you, Lauren." I blurted out, causing Lauren to fell over the bed. "Oh god! Are you okay?" I quickly crawl over so I can see if she's okay or what. Luckily, the girl I love is okay.

"What. . . . . is this?" Lauren trails off while eyeing at me very intently as if she's waiting for me to burst out laughing.

I furrowed my eyebrows cause I'm taken aback after hearing her response. This isn't the reaction I'm expecting to get. I expected something bigger. Like being surprise and happy not a confused reaction, "What do you mean what is this?"

"You're not serious about it." Lauren get back on her feet. She walk over to the couch that was a few meters away from me and leaned in.

"I am serious!"

Lauren raised her right eyebrow, "Hmm? I don't think so."

"Well, believe me cause I'm telling the truth?"

"Look, I'm really flattered and so happy to hear-"

"You don't look like you're happy at all."

"Ofcourse, I am. You know I've been waiting for this for a very long time, right? It's just that I feel like you're just saying it because you felt threaten by Victoria's presence and by telling this to me means you know you'll get ahead of the competition that doesn't even exist."

I furrowed my eyebrows even more. Is she fucking-?! "Are you fucking serious right now?!"

"Camz-"

"Competition that doesn't exist?! I'm saying that to you so I can get ahead?! Yeah, sure! Like Victoria never talk to me at the rest room this morning saying you're only one call away when she needs you! True enough, you're there to protect her. Such a hero!"

"I'm her friend, Camila. Ofcourse, I'll save her from that. It isn't a big deal, right?"

"Being friends with your ex is bullshit, Lauren! It's like you're telling me right now that Camel is living in the north pole! That doesn't exist!"

"It does exist! Giant Camels of prehistoric age traveled the north pole! So clearly, it exist!

"No, it isn't! That was like 3.5 million years ago, Lauren! I'm talking about the modern camel!"

"The point is it is still a camel!" Lauren fired back, making me groaned in frustration.

"Jesus christ! I'm talking about the modern camel today! Not the prehistoric one!"

"Karla Camila Cabello, you have to understand that you've lost! Modern or prehistoric, it is still a fucking camel!"

"Lauren Michelle Jauregui, you listen to me. Camel can never live in cold areas, do you hear me?!"

"Oh?" Lauren cover her ears while looking around, "I can't hear anything. What is it again, loser?"

I'm being serious here and she really had the guts to tease me as if this is all just a joke. I grab my pillow and throw it straight to her face which she never saw it coming.

"Ow! What the-?! Why did you do that??"

I rolled my eyes on her, "You're so fucking dense, Jauregui! If you don't believe me then fine! I don't care!" I hissed before throwing myself back to bed. I turn my back on her and close my eyes. Before, she was so eager for me to like her back and now that I did, she won't believe me??? God! What am I? A fucking joke?!

Though I know I won't be able to sleep knowing my chest feels heavy after what happened, I still need to try. I observed my surroundings and it's quiet. I don't know where Lauren is or if she's-