A Green Eyes and a One-way Ticket to Finland

With a bottle on hand, I stand at the huge window of San Atlantis coffee shop just to admire the girl who has the most beautiful emerald eyes in the whole world. As the waiter serve the coffee on our table, smile quickly creeps on her lips. She doesn't notice it, but I fall In love with her a little more when she laughs and even more when she smiles. She has the most adorable eyes you could ever fall for and the cutest smile that takes your breath away. She has the ability to make you laugh everytime she speaks and whenever you look into her eyes it's so hard to turn away.

I slip my hand inside my pocket to get our very first picture taken when we're still 8 where I kissed her cheek and she's wearing a wedding veil. I smile at the memory that keeps flashing in my head. I'm In love with her at that time. Now fast forward after 10 years, I'm In love with her even more.

I put back our picture inside the pocket of my coat as I make my way inside since the weather out here in Finland is never been friendly considering I'm from Miami and my body is not used to below zero temperature that this place is offering.

I'm wearing a red longsleeve flannel polo, a very thick black winter coat, and a red beanie while Lauren's wearing a brown coat with a dark blue scarf wrapped around her neck and a pair of blue worn out jeans and a brown combat boots.

"Hi, beautiful green eyes." I greeted her with a tight lipped smile as I occupy the seat in front of her.

Lauren giggled, leaning forward to the table so she can reach my hair and mess with it. "I love your hair today. They look fluffy and soft."

"Really? I love yours too."

"Anyway, I made a few friends around here which can give us a tour."

We're here in Finland for about 10 minutes and she made a few friends already? What kind of charm does she have? I frown, "Girls,"

Lauren knitted her eyebrows, "What's up with the frown? Camz, I'm talking about guys. I made a friends with a dudes not with a chicks. No need to be jealous though." The green eyed girl smirk, giving my chin a gentle pinch.

I shake my head and take a sip of my coffee. A little while, Lauren's new found friends arrived at the coffee shop where we are and introduce themselves. Jordan, Sam, and Nick aren't that old. I think they're also a college freshmen like us so I guess this trip will be so much fun.

"Aside from this is the place where Santa Claus is living, the view around here are breathtaking. And you'll see that for yourself in a minute." Nick spoke in a British accent which I can't help not to admire. I don't know, everytime I hear someone speak in British, it never fails to amaze me.

As we walk a couple of minutes in the snow, we finally arrived at Ruka ski resort in which both Lauren and I gasp at how beautiful this place really is. Everything is white. Everything is snow. This is definitely a heavenly paradise. As we enter the resort, our group is being welcome with a man named Jarno who assist us in changing gears for skiing. Once we're all gear up, the guys went up straight to the snow to ski.

I watch them skiing while laughing, thinking to myself: Oh, that was easy. But then when I try it myself, I ended up hurting my butt because I kept slipping and falling down. Whereas Lauren, she's already having fun and her skills in skiing is pretty good, it actually hurts my eyes.

"Here, let me help you." Lauren hold my hands as we go around the snow.

"Is there anything that you don't know how to do?" I tease.

Lauren lift up her gaze to meet mine, "Yeah, like breathing when you're near."

I bite the inside of my cheeks to prevent myself from smiling, "Like, the serious stuff."