I'll Be June and You'll Be My Johnny Cash

Camila's Pov

"Are we going home now?" Lauren ask from behind. I turn around and holds out my hand to her.

"Give me your car keys. I'll drive."

"So you can wreck my car? No way!"

Instead of saying anymore words, I let my body do the talking. I walk towards Lauren with my eyes darted straight to her. There's a smile plastered on my lips, the naughty kind of smile. My right hand alluringly strokes her arm in a up and down motion while my free hand is carefully snaking it's way inside the pocket of her jeans to fish out the car keys.

I leaned closer to her until my face is only a few inches away from her. Lauren froze. She's not even making a single move and I wonder if she's still breathing or holding it back. And when my breath hitch against her lips, she gulped.

When her car keys is already on my hand, smirk quickly creeps in to my lips. "Trust me, I won't crash your car." Then I back away and walk towards the driver's seat.

"Did you just...?"

I turn around and wiggle her car keys around, "Come on, I know something we can stop by before we go home."

Lauren shakes her head, "I can't believe you, Camila."

I smiled as I hop to the driver's seat while Lauren in the passenger seat. We buckled up our seatbelt as I slide the key to the ignition and revive the engine of the car.

"Where exactly are we going?" Lauren ask as I begin driving back to the road.

"You'll see. You're not the only one who knows how to surprise a girl, you know?"

"Make sure that my jaw will drop in that surprise, Cabello."

I grin, "For sure, Jauregui."

There's this event happening not so far from where we are. As far as I can remember, it is a concert ground with a lantern flying thingy that couples usually go to make a wish and I think it's a good idea to go there with Lauren.

While I'm busy driving around the highway of New York, Lauren took my hand from the gearshift and intertwined it with hers as Guns N' Roses blasting through the radio. It took us 20 minutes before we arrived at the parking lot.

"We're here." I excitedly giggled as I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and hop out.

In front of us is a huge open field with tons of lantern flying up in the sky.

"Wow." I heard Lauren gasped, "How...did you know about this place?"

"Ally told me about it before and I badly wanted to come here. It's just that, I don't have someone to take with me so..."

"What do you mean you don't have someone to take with you? You have Ally, Dinah, Normani, and little Sofia. You could take one of them."

"I mean someone special to me." I scoot more closer to Lauren, clinging my arm around hers. "That's why I took you to this place because you're my special someone."

Lauren look at me. Her deep sea green eyes are darted straight to mine as smile slowly creeps on her lips with her cheeks flustered in red. And I must confess that I'm still In love with moments like this. When Lauren smiles like that, full of love, warmth, and sincerity while looking into my eyes as if this is the very first time our eyes met. It gives me a different feeling that words are not enough to describe exactly what is it.

We settled in the grass. Lauren's sitting right next to me watching every stroke of my hand as I put some design to our lantern.

"We're going to send that in the sky, right?" Lauren ask as I wrote CC & LJ using the brush in navy blue paint color.