Chapter 59: Halloween Party (Part 3 of 4)

"Four letter word; But I don't have the guts to say it; Smile 'til it hurts; Let's not make it complicated; We've got a story; And I'm about to change the ending."

~Cartman's POV~

Clyde was still sitting at the bar drinking some alcohol. Kyle told me he's been thinking about his mom a lot lately and just wanted to be left alone. Kyle and I were dancing with each other with everyone else in the middle of the floor. The music was still blaring remixes of pop songs that we hear on the radio.

While we were dancing, I noticed Token and Jimmy walking up to Clyde at the bar. Clyde's head was rested on the surface with his arm resting next to it. He looked like he blacked out from the alcohol, but he's probably just feeling really down. I can relate to his pain of not having both parents with him. I apparently ended up killing my own father when I was getting revenge on Scott Tenorman for making a fool out of me. Had I known Jack Tenorman was my father, I would've spared him. Hell, I would've spared both of his parents. I only lost twenty dollars or whatever it was. In a way, Clyde and I are on the same exact boat.

I shook the thought away and continued enjoying myself. Before the end of the party, I'll help Clyde come around if someone else doesn't do so first.

A little while later, the music was turned down a bit. "Alright, party people. We're going to slow things down a bit." The DJ started. A slow song started playing, which put some of us in an awkward stance. Everyone else was casually finding someone to slow dance with while my friends and I stood there looking around. Is this really happening right now? A slow dance at a Halloween party?

Nevertheless, I pulled Kyle in by the waist and started slow dancing with him. I'm a shitty romantic dancer, so I guess I'll have to improvise. Kyle smiled at me and wrapped his arms around my neck while mine were around his waist. Over Kyle's head, I watched as Token took Nichole Daniels by the hand and slow-danced with the rest of us. Stan and Kenny didn't seem to want to dance, so they went off to the side and leaned against the wall until this was over. Everything was moving really slow right now and I was able to watch as everyone else scrambled to find a person to slow dance with. Bebe was looking over at Clyde, who was still sitting at the bar and drinking his life away. She slowly walked up to him with a smile and said something to him.

"I don't really want to." I heard Clyde say to her. Bebe continued urging him to get up and join her on the dance floor. I obviously know why he doesn't want to dance with her; him being gay and all. But he wasn't out of the closet yet. He only opened up to us about it. His dad doesn't even know yet.

After a little while more of convincing, Clyde finally gave in and followed Bebe to the dance floor. They both began slow-dancing a few feet away from me and Kyle. I looked back at Kyle, who rested his head against my chest as he continued moving.

Everyone here except for Stan and Kenny were slow-dancing now. The soothing sound of the music radiating the restaurant put all of us at ease. Slow-dancing at a Halloween party didn't seem so awkward anymore. I rested the side of my face on top of Kyle's head.

People would once in a while look over at me and Kyle and smile. They're probably happy that he and I are finally with each other after all of those years of hating each other. I'm happy that we're not fighting anymore. Besides, that's the last thing Kyle needs. A boyfriend that fights and argues with him all the time. Sam has already given him at least a million doses of that. Kyle deserves better.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're a good dancer, Eric?" Kyle asked me, making eye contact. I shrugged and shook my head. "Not really. I'm not much of a romantic dancer. I'm sure as hell going to ruin the dancing portion at my wedding one day." I answered. Kyle laughed and rolled his eyes. "I doubt it. If you dance like this, I'm sure you'll be fine." He said back. I smiled and continued dancing with him until the song was over.

The slow song stopped playing and the DJ went back to playing the dubstep/rave music. I'd say that this was a successful slow dance.

Kyle went to grab the both of us a drink from the bar. Mercedes, the head waitress of Raisins, was behind the bar serving up drinks. She wasn't attempting to charm any of the men here since she's technically not clocked-in and working right now. She's just acting like a normal teenager. I'd never expect that out of a Raisins girl.

On the other side of the restaurant, I noticed Heidi standing in a corner along with Wendy, Red, Ashley, Annie, and Esther. I'm surprised I was able to remember any of their names since I don't talk to them at all. I remember Esther wanted to go out with me in middle school, but I was still questioning my sexuality at the time. Around the same time Kyle came out as gay, I was trying to figure myself out while also shaming Kyle. It's really hard to believe I went all of those years being a dick and believing it was okay to do so. I'm so glad that I've changed. I never want to be that person again.

Heidi noticed me a few feet from her when she was chatting with her friends. She was wearing the same costume as last year. The package of the costume she bought last year from Spirit described it as a "sexy devil".

Before she abandoned her friends to talk to me, I looked down at the floor and turned my body away from her. I still have to make up for being a dick to her before Kyle came home. I don't think it was Heidi's body that made me feel sick in the car that day. I think I had it in my head that I was cheating on Kyle. I've loved Kyle for years even when I was still questioning myself, and I don't want to ruin my chances of being with him.

Before the party's over, I'm going to try and apologize to Heidi about what happened. She deserves at least that.

"Whatever weather; Baby I'm yours; Be your forever, be your fling; Baby I will be your everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~