Chapter 41: הֱיה שלום

"Well, we bursted out of class; had to get away from those fools; we learned more from a three-minute record, baby; than we ever learned in school."

~Kyle's POV~

After pushing through everyone at school to go home, I started crying harder than ever. Sam and his friends tried stopping me on the way out, but all they wanted to do was taunt me for being "emo". Yeah, I definitely need to get away.

For the duration of seventh period, I was hoping and praying that someone or something would come around to brighten my day. Of course, that didn't happen. The teachers even started turning on me. While everyone laughed and threw balled up pieces of notebook paper at me, the teacher went about his lecture and thought nothing of it.

I got on the bus to go back home. My ex-friends were on here sitting together, but I took my spot in the back seat. Butters and Clyde weren't on the bus this time. Clyde probably met up with Sam or something for football practice. Stan and Kenny were on here too...which was weird. Why aren't they at practice?

I noticed Stan attempt to grab my arm. His lips moved, but I couldn't make out the words since my earbuds were on. I yanked my arm out of his grip and walked past him to the back of the bus. Cartman was sitting in a seat across from Stan with Kenny. I looked at them both with a blank expression. They both met my eyes and had worried looks on their faces. Pretending to care about me...how pathetic.

The back of the bus was empty, which was good enough for me. I sat in the seat all the way in the back. People were looking at me again, which made me put my hood on and look out the window. Bunch of assholes they are.

The second the bus dropped us off at the bus stop, I went straight home. I crossed the street to where my house was and took the straps of my backpack off of my shoulders. Stan, Kenny, and Cartman stood nearby and watched as I dumped everything into the garbage can that dad dragged to the curb. I guess today was garbage day.

"Dude, what the hell?" Stan said. I didn't listen to anything they said. I just dumped literally everything from my bag and went into the house. My textbooks, notebooks, pens and pencils, homework, and the novel I'm supposed to read for AP English. Fuck school. I won't be around to go there anyway, so why keep this shit?

I walked through the front door and locked it behind me so no one tried coming inside. If I was going to leave, I'd have to do so before anyone else came home.

I rushed upstairs to start packing my bag. The closet door was slightly opened, meaning someone did my laundry and hung my clothes up. I opened it wider and grabbed armfuls of clothes. In the armful was my orange jacket. I decided not to bring that with me. That's not who I am anymore. That Kyle is gone.

After packing a bunch of shit, I pulled out my wallet and counted the cash inside. I had enough for a bus ticket to Denver, which is where I wanted to go. The community center where I work the summers had a place for me to stay, so I'm going to do that. I'll also have to ask them not to contact my parents. They'd do that whenever I clocked in. Just to let them know I made it to work safely since I'm still a minor.

I shoved my wallet into my pocket and carried my backpack over my shoulders. Tears started coming out again as I walked down the stairs. I put my phone on silent and listened to music through my earbuds.

The walk to the bus station was a long and quiet one. No one recognized me in my dark clothing and I didn't come across my ex-friends or anything. Not even Butters. He's probably at home crying right now.

Maybe I should ask him to come with me.

I shook my head at the idea and continued walking.

A little while later, the bus station was in sight. The next bus was heading to Denver, which was perfect. I leaned against a nearby pole and awaited the next bus.

There were some homeless people sitting on the bench under the arch of the bus station. They had garbage bags full of their belongings and looked like they haven't showered in weeks. I feel pretty bad about that, but what can I do? I'm just a reject. Everyone in this town hates me now, especially after word got around that I "faked" being abused. Everyone in this town is way too sensitive and overly dramatic about everything. This place just isn't for me anymore.

The bus came a half an hour later. Everyone, including me, started boarding. I handed the driver my bus ticket and went to the back to take a seat. No one sat next to me that boarded after me. It was fine with me, though. I sat there in silence and got lost into the sweet sound of this Hawthorne Heights album.

A smile wiped across my face at the realization that I'm leaving. No one will bully me again over some lie my supposed boyfriend told. No more sadness, abuse, and fake friends. My life is going to be so much better now.

When everyone took their seats, the bus started moving. I didn't see anyone I knew on the sidewalks as we left South Park. Just a bunch of random locals walking and jogging; just living their blissful lives. I wish my life was so fulfilling. Not anymore though. This is it.

"Blood brothers in a stormy night; with a vow to defend; no retreat, baby, no surrender; no retreat, baby, no surrender."

The title of the chapter means "Goodbye" in Hebrew.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~