12

AMY:

It has been 2 and half weeks since I started working at the best Job in the world, I LOVE being a lifeguard. It is just such an amazing job, it gives me joy to help others and be by the ocean everyday. 

During the past week I've gotten a lot closer to a few of my co-workers, Maxi, I was close with since day one, Jethro and I did more patrols together, Jules is just such an angelic person I love her and she is at the moment one of my best girlfriends, and so is Thalia I love her too.

 Jesse and his girlfriend are amazing I hang out with them a lot.

 And then there is HIM,  Harrison,  who I thought I was close to but apparently not. 

It's weird, I have a feeling that I might have said something or done something because he doesn't really talk to me as much as he used to. Every time I walked in the tower and he was there, it felt like the air was turning solid.

 He usually would leave quickly after saying a simple Hello. And it hurt me, not that we were a thing to begin with, but the way he acted all the time made me feel like there was a possibility. 

I told Jaxson about it and he said he might have just been acting friendly and I shouldn't see too much into it. And maybe he is right but if you know me you know that I am a people pleaser and it just burns me to see someone having a problem with me. It's like someone is pouring hot lava into my brain. So for the sake of my own sanity I decided to ask someone and at the moment the only girl friend that I have who I feel super close to is Jules.

I had a 9 A.M shift today so I had time to get some coffee with Jules today morning after our morning run. We walked into the coffee shop close to the pavilion and ordered our drinks and sat at a table. 

"Hey Jules can I ask you a question?... About Harrison..." I asked, saying the last part quietly. 

Her expression changed like she felt hurt or something. "Uuuummm sure what's up?" she asked, taking a sip from her coffee. 

"Do you know if he is mad at me or something? I mean... we used to be close and then he just started to act weird. He doesn't talk to me that much. and ... well i thought maybe I did something" I said as I reached for my hot coffee.

 "Hey no I'm sure he is just busy or something." she said and looked at the time "oh we have to leave soon." she said getting up. 

We walked towards the tower making small talk and planning to meet up for lunch. She had to talk to Hoppo so she went to his office, I on the other hand made my way to the tower. 

I walked in."Hellooo" I sang as I walked in, surprised to see Harrison and Maxi laughing at something and they stopped as soon as they saw me. Harrison looked at me for a brief moment, the look on his face wasn't normal... was he hurt? He looked hurt. Was it me?

Harrison quickly said hey under his breath, took his stuff and left. Leaving me confused, and a little hurt. 

"What's wrong with him?" I asked Maxi as I sat down to help him watch the water. 

"Nothing," he replied. 

"No Maxi... stop telling me he is fine, he is probably just busy. Because he clearly isn't ok with me... I knew it... I knew I shouldn't have opened up to him.'' I said putting the binoculars on my face looking through them for trouble. 

"Amy trust me... He is going through something and it has nothing to do with you. I promise." I looked at him unconvinced but I accepted, I trusted Maxi. I took a deep breath in trying to calm my nerves. I looked through the binoculars and saw a few hands go up in backpackers, quickly picked up the radio and informed the boys down at backpackers.